A newbie says hello

by Icansaylucky 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Hello, I've been a lurker for about a year now and finally decided to register and start posting. I don't have time to tell my story right now, but plan on doing so soon. I guess I'm putting it off as I'm not sure where to start without it being a book. I've enjoyed reading everyones experiences and have cried reading many. I am female (hence the crying) and have 3 young adult children and 2 grandchildren. I have to admit I am nervous about writing as I have read many post where the poster says one little thing wrong or sometimes a big thing wrong and is torn to shreads. Talk to everyone soon.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome, I read your bio and it looks like you will be an interesting addition to the group.

• Matty
    Matty

I'm sure you will be too! Plenty of time to tell your life story later Icansaylucky - in the meantime a warm welcome from me - pull up a chair and make yerself comfy!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Icansaylucky, welcome

Glad you decided to join in

Edited by - angharad on 16 January 2003 13:15:30

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, ICSL!

If your profile is any indication, you will have a LOT of interesting things to share with this forum. Please feel free to do so whenever you're ready. And don't worry about the small minority who may choose to try to play devil's advocate to you here. Most of the people here are extremely supportive and understanding! I've found more understanding and companionship here than in any of the 4 Kingdom Halls I went to.

• wednesday
    wednesday

So happy u are here. looking forward to reading your story. I used to lurke and cry too. U are lucky (lol) we all found each other.

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome - this is one interesting crew.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

WELCOME..........and to Mom too!

I am married to a JW and have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren and One Great Grandchild! (Plus one added step-grandchild last year...

And I did it all myself!..(Just Kidding)

I was a witness many years ago but disassociated myself.The kids were witnesses but left also.When I left..hubby decided to become a more active one....Hummmmmmm

Hubby has a terminal cancer..If he doesn't make it..I will be "Shunning" his family!...I will never have any thing to do with another witness!...Cold ?...maybe..but there was a lot of pain involved with having JW relatives!

Snoozy.......aka...Golden Girl...

Edited by - Golden Girl on 16 January 2003 15:45:38

• Simon
    Simon

wow, a year-long lurker !

Welcome to the forum Icansaylucky

• LB
    LB

Welcome Icansaylucky. Amazing that your own mother got DFed for speaking to you. So they don't break up families? Pretty bad. Interesting profile and hopefully we'll get to know you better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit