A newbie says hello

by Icansaylucky 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Valis, This congregation sure didn't let my mother use her own conscience. My mom was on her way out, not attending meeting anymore. My father and mother had separated and my father who never was a witness went to the elders and said he just knew my mother was committing adultery, which she wasn't. The elders called her to a committee meeting which she refuse to go to as she hadn't done anything wrong except quit going to meetings and out in service. Because of her refusal to attend they were looking for something to disfellowship her on. So it was for speaking to me.

My mom had been a devout witness for 25 years, raising 5 children, attending meetings, service, witness functions etc. My dad supported us financially, but that was the extent of his involvement with us. He cheated on my mother constantly and would brag about it to her. She waited until her kids were grown and finally left him. He started running to elders trying to get her in trouble and telling them that they need to make her come back. He actually started studying which he never did the whole time my mother was a witness. When that didn't work, he told on her for still speaking to me and they disfellowshipped her.

He now tells people that he is a JW and therefore doesn't celebrate anything, but smokes 2 packs a day and continues to drink.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Icansaylucky. I can relate to your "book". Don't worry about how long it gets, your story will be interesting. I ended up doing my introduction in instalments. I just started writing, and more and more came gushing out. Waiting for the next instalment drove the readers crazy, but it was a lot easier on me. Before I posted each section, I had a day or two to reflect on lessons learned and how far I had come. That is one of the delightful things about this forum, the chance to be heard. Here I am, still addicted, six months later.

The tearing, shredding thing is pretty rare. Rude output gets rude input. You have come in here expecting friends, and voila, here we are! If you had come in here (as some newbies have done) expecting to find a bunch of ravening blasphemous apostates, your wish might have been granted.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Oh my!!!!......another poster. Simon's gonna be RICH!!!... RICH I tell ya!

• Swan
    Swan

WELCOME!

We're lucky to have you here. I'm sure looking forward to your story (don't worry about it being long; we have plenty of time since we stopped going to meetings!).

Tammy

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Thank you jgnat, I thought I would do just that, write in installments. I wish I could have read your story as I read your profile and it sounds like we have similar "labels". How long have you been on this site?

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Swan, I just looked at your profile and went into your homepage. That was a wonderful story. You are a gifted writer. Thank you for the welcome.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "Idon'thavetosayfortunate"

BWahahahahahaha

Brummie (Icansaygodoftrooptoo)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Icansaylucky, your wish has been granted. Actually, I snuck a link in to my last post.

I ended up doing my introduction in instalments.

Click on the blue lettering, My Introduction, or the text below, and you are there.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36842&site=3

• wildfire
    wildfire

((((((((((((((((((((((((( welcome NEWBIE ))))))))))))))))))))))))) WILDFIRE,,, here i can relate to drama as i have 5 children ,,,,,only one left in the truth and if you read my bio you can clearly see that i too,,,,, could write a book,,,, it has everything violence,,,,betrayal,,,,, infidelity,,,,suicide attempts so ya I am sure it would be a best seller.......We all have our stories.... I have made so many friends here ,,, as i have no friends left at the Kinddumm Hall........ so this is where i spend my quality time....JUMP IN SWEETIE THE WATERS FINE....... SHALOM.........

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Hi Wildfire, thank you for the hugs and welcome. You sound like you would have an amazing story. Did you post your story here at one time? I'd love to read it. I'll be posting mine soon, I honestly don't know where to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit