A newbie says hello

by Icansaylucky 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Icansaylucky,

Welcome aboard. The crying thing isn't just for the gals though. I've shed a few myself. It gets better.

Thunder

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy from Texas! This is a great place to come. I'm glad you're here.

WELCOME!!!

• Brummie
    Brummie

WELCOME!

Glad you decided to stop lurking and dive in

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Brummie ( I can now say lucky too :))

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Lucky

Welcome to the board!

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Mrs. Shakita

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Welcome, Welcome!!!!

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and humor. I forgot to mention in my original post that I've also laughed until I cried reading many post. Humor is my favorite therapy.

Mulan that would be strange for me living with my mother if she were still a witness, but I'd probably do it because I love my mother so much. Why does your mom's congregation allow that? Is it because she needs care?

Golden Girl it sounds like you have your hands full, I'm so sorry.

Brummie I hope you're not the only one that got my forum user name. Maybe I should have called myself "Idon'thavetosayfortunate"

Simon thank you for the welcome and for the forum.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome Icansaylucky!

You'll love this place! It's a place to cry, laugh, learn, share but mostly heal. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Katie and Craig (onacruse)

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Hi Mulan, I ask in one of my post why your mother was allowed by her congregation to live with you, but I just reread your post and see that you are not disfellowshipped. I mentioned in my profile that my mother was disfellowshipped for speaking to me. I have a friend that lives in Seattle and her housekeeper was a JW. She had a disfellowshipped brother and he was welcome at all the family gatherings and actually lived for a time with his witness mother (he was an adult). My friend told her about the shunning that I endured from my family and she thought it strrange that it would be to the extent that it was. I think sometimes it depends on the congregation. Have a great day.

• Valis
    Valis

Icansay...greetings and welcome to the board. About the shunning...it doesn't vary by congregation really, but more by individual. I asked my father about it and he said its a personal descision...a "matter of conscience" to be precise. Sounds like a cop out huh? Just another way JWs as an org pass the buck off to the individual member instead of a solid stance of shunning or not shunning family members. My parents don't shun me, they just don't have anything to do with me... BTW, in your first post you seem to think people get slammed for making small mistakes when posting. I just wanted to reassure you that this is not the case. We want your opiions, feeling, and thoughts. Don't ever be afraid to share. Just remember that stating an opinion is not stating a fact, which is what gets many of the flames going here. As long as you don't do that you will do just fine. Again welcome and I hope that the people here will be as good for you as they have been for me.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome icansaylucky! hope you enjoy engaging in this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit