AWAKE Says We Shouldn't Judge Apostates!

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

Dont you know anyone who draws away from Jehovahs witnesses draws away from God?

• belbab
    belbab

My sins are so secret I don't even know what they are myself.

I guess I'll have to write the WT Society to find out what they are.

belbab

• shera
    shera

I never left God,but I did leave the org.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

That is very interesting Minimus. But I wonder what their true motives are for this new revelation.

Athanasius

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed,
    Bitter? Bitter? YOU BET. Jerks.
    secret sins....

What secret sins? Is it a "secret sin" to investigate an organization that brow beats you, is unloving, stresses you out to the max, and then shuns you and separates you from those you love? That's not a "secret sin"; that's using common sense! Jerks.

Trot

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus, I read that ,notice how they are again equating themselves with God

Some people who were once faithful Christians have (notice the word-Purposely) drawn away from God = the Organization,because of bitterness,pride or greed and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit = Spirit Directed Organization.

They are at it again.We don't judge them we just call them apostates,because they left us.I'm glad you posted that one up for everyone,as usual your right on target.Blueblades

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The sad thing about all this is that the reason the WT prints stuff like this is because they get all these letters coming in from the dubbies asking them questions like "have apostates committed the unforgivable sin?" and all that. There is a certain breed of JW (probably most of them) that needs the WT to tell them how they should view EVERYTHING.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Minimus,

I am glad we have folks like you keeping us up on the spiritual food. We here are spiritually starved now that the subscriptions have ended. It was good to see such a liberal attitude toward the most feared people on earth

Jehovah will forgive us in a large way, even of serious sins that we have committed, if we are repentant."

This comment was addressed to the individual witness who might tend to judge another. But you my notice this comment too will have a subtile authorization to judge the apostates. While the humble witness is glad to know God will forgive sins the repentant JW has committed, the emphasis is put on "if we are repentant". What apostate gives any evidence of repentance?

So the bottom line is we are not to judge those who have sinned but an obviously unrepentant one, a person who persists in their sin, is not worthy of the time of day. It is not a question of who that has sinned in the past is deserving of forgiveness. NO ONE can be even considered repentant if they are an active sinner such as an apostate.

I am sure the average JW will unconsciously intertain this scenario. What do you all think?

Jst2laws

• Mum
    Mum

So, let me get this straight: the unforgivable sin is not any of the following:

Pedophilia

Child abuse

Misleading millions of people with false prophecy

But the unforgivable sin may be:

Thinking

Leaving an organization that protects pedophiles

Informing others of Watchtower error

I think I'll go in the "unforgiveable" column, thank you.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Just2laws..... I see your point. If the Wt. Society really felt that judging was up to Jehovah, elders and self-righteous ones would be looking for a new religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit