AWAKE Says We Shouldn't Judge Apostates!

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The February 8, 2003 Awake has an article entitled:"IS THERE AN UNFORGIVABLE SIN".Notice the good news for apostates or those who once associated. "Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit. They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final judge. Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart. And we take courage in the fact that Jehovah will forgive us in a large way, even of serious sins that we have committed, if we are repentant."

Edited by - minimus on 13 January 2003 21:7:53

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn it!!! And I thought I had committed the "unforgivable sin" long ago.

What the hell do I have to do to!?!?!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hmmmmmm, interesting, I seem to remember that it was once mentioned that there is an unforgivable sin, and that is the sin against the Holy Spirit?

Quick get on the phone to Ray and tell him he's been forgiven.

• Scully
    Scully

The Awake! magazine writes:

Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final judge. Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart.

Don't judge them.... just shun them like we tell you to....

Love, Scully

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Oh man, now this is gonna be a trip!

Yizuman

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    And I thought I had committed the "unforgivable sin" long ago.

Me too Corndog!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Nowhere though does it say that you are free to talk to someone who has walked away from the WTS.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit

I'm cracking up and cursing at the same time. Another classic from the WT propaganda us-versus-them machine.

I'm embarrassed that I gulped down garbage like this for years without giving it a second thought. Yup those apostates are baddies allright Yup

• reporter
    reporter

Precisely. The PRBS Machine (Public Relations Bull-shitting Machine) is truly at work again, spinning lies, innuendoes and half-truths.

God will judge alright, and he'll start right with the people who claim to be his name sake and claim to doing His will!

Calling ex-JWs "apostates" is just another form of slander for which they must answer for.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Gee, it's nice how they say they have "purposely drawn away from God." I PURPOSELY drew away from a cult! Nice how they twist everything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit