AWAKE Says We Shouldn't Judge Apostates!

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

mmm...I love corndogs, especially the ones on the pier. Something about the ocean air and a corndog.

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel and any others that might have misunderstood me.......... I do not think that when AWAKE says "We shouldn't judge apostates" that they are serious. This is so obvious that you actually got me laughing! In case you missed a little bit of my snide humor, let me say it this way to any that don't think that I get it........"I get the picture. I always have. Bullshit will always be bullshit......(there, you got it). The Society is a group of lying bastards. They suck. They're rotten to the core. They hate anybody that disagrees with them. You don't have to be an apostate to make them think you're no good and everyone but a JW is deadmeat.......I got it. I got it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Some here are wondering about what the WTS's motives are... I've been thinking about that too.

I am thinking that they are so desperate to get their numbers up that they are actually willing to try to woo back some of those who have left! This article would work well with their recent efforts to call on "inactive" people (people who have left in disgust for what they saw and experienced in the org).

When the inactive people do return to the meetings, they are afraid that the R&F might be mean to them and scare them off again. That is where this article come in. They are basically telling the R&F to be nice to the people when they return.

What is sad is that they know that the R&F have been well trained to be mean to anyone who dares leave the organization. In order to get some of those people back they are having to tell their people to "play nice".

Marketing! Marketing! Marketing!

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I have to agree wih Elsewhere on this.I think i'ts a way to get some back,or to keep some who may be thinking of leaving.

Say an active witness starts exploring things on the internet,and happens upon "apostate" sites.Maybe they start to have doubts about the org.Then they start to feel guilty about it.They are afraid to go to the elders with their new findings,because what if they are wrong?If they ask questions,maybe the elders will think they are apostate already.Thus,maybe they are commiting a secret sin,because of their doubts.But now this info comes out!If they go to the elders with this info now,and allow themselves to be readjusted,then all is well.Maintain a repentant attitude,and all is forgiven.

Some people like to be controlled.

That's just my two cents.

• email
    email

Totally agree with you Bittersweet... That's probably what I would've thought if I was a loyal dub with doubts... so I take you're also talking by experience

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Jehovah is the final judge

i thought Jehovah didnt judge? i thought the gosple of john said that Jehovah doesnt judge at all and that judging was given to Christ so that the Son may be honoured like the Father? maybe the WTS need to go back to basics.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Secret Sin = surfing Apostate web sites

• acsot
    acsot

Even though I'm still officially "in", I can't stomach reading any of the WTS literature - haven't been able to since August 27th, on which date I wrote in my journal: "free! Free of the guilt, free of the treadmill, free!" Therefore, I depend on you guys to enlighten me on what garbage is being fed to the R&F. And I do mean enlighten. It's incredible how different things are when the scales fall from one's eyes. I would have read that crap not so long ago and just gone along with it, never questioning. Well, maybe questioning. And doubting. Which is what got me to this place originally.

Pride, greed and bitterness. Yup, sure saw (and still see) a lot of that in the kingdom halls.

Thanks everyone for continuing to shed "light" on these matters.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

You have to also look at the magazine. This is a publication to bring non-witnesses into reading WT Literature. Its the bait, so the hard to swallow stuff wont be in there. They save that for the KM where only the brainwashed read. If they were to say never speak to someone who left the Org in the awake, it would "stumble" them. Awake is supposed to be soft and fluffy, remember? I mean look at all the big colorful pictures, and all the smiling happy people.

• TR
    TR
    They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing.

What are they clearly accomplishing? LOL!

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit