AWAKE Says We Shouldn't Judge Apostates!

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mum, I'm with you in your column. Good point. Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie
    Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final judge.

Actually, this is what the WTS says about all those who are not baptized JWs, but we know the hidden meaning:

http://www.watchtower.org/library/jt/article_08.htm
    Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. He has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.Matthew 7:1-5; 24:21; 25:31.

Translation:

Only baptized JWs in good standing will live through Armageddon.

Blondie

• Faraon
    Faraon

The February 8, 2003 Awake has an article entitled:"IS THERE AN UNFORGIVABLE SIN". Notice the good news for apostates* or those who once associated**. "Some people who were once faithful*** Christians**** have purposely drawn away from God *****, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed******, and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit. They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final judge. Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart. And we take courage in the fact that Jehovah will forgive us******** in a large way, even of serious sins that we have committed, if we are repentant."

Truth in advertising law:

* People who don't want others to fall prey to our cult.

** Were held captive in our organization by mental control and fear of losing their loved ones in the Borg.

*** Believed our ever-changing doctrines and reasoning the second we told them to, and were willing to die and let their die for our dictates.

**** Believe in Christ as equal to only 144, 000 humans who begun to reign with him when Armaggeddon started in 1994, 80 years after 1914 when the generation that saw 1914 ended. Now 99.9% of the population of the world died and what you see are demons that have taken their places to fool the faithful.

***** If God=WBTS

****** Or maybe they saw through our lies, murders, mind control and other vile behabvors

******* Which we sincerily hope so because all the damage we have caused talking in his name false prophecies and interpretations causing multitudes of people to stumble and lose faith in him.

• Brummie
    Brummie

This is the same ole stuff:

"Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God's spirit."

This is obviousely applicable to those that have drawn away from the ORG not God. Anyone drawing away from the org is Proud, Greedy & Bitter. Thats the message as JWs will read it.

Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final judge.

Seems they have enough court cases ahead and are trying to avoid the accusations of slander, so they are simply asking the brothers to be less verbal in their judgements. Notice this sentence does not say "They HAVE NOT" committed the unforgivable sin. It has merely stated that the WT thinks they could have done so. They dont say "have not" and they dont say "have committed the unforgivable" therefore its a "Maybe" and in the JW mind its an "HAS"...name ONE sin thats as bad as apostasy in the JW mind?

Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart.

Any JW reading that will assume it is a sin to question the org. Anyone secretly questioning has hardened their heart, another sin.

Same ole Same ole, there is not ONE apostate that will not be judged as being evil after reading that article.

Brummie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Geesh!Didn't know I had a secret sin HMMM it's even a secret from me LOL What crap they spew, when the lie, deceive and treat people horrible you become bitter. Maybe there sin is stumbling all of us

<of the psssst don't tell thunderrider I snuck on the forum class>

• heathen
    heathen

I see what you are saying and experienced it to some degree , since I was not baptized but only studied for a short period I did see some errors in their theology and believe me once you do that they revert to all kinds of humiliation tactics .It's really pitiful how they handle that kind of stuff ,I mean the society can change it's mind about anything and they would not even question what's going on but come up with some kind of fantastic explaination for it ,meanwhile a study says that can't be right and suddenly you are demonized .Now it's all the fault of the individual for leaving due to the unavailability of their logic. I think my head hurts now just trying to think on their level gives me a head ache.

• enjoy
    enjoy

Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart.

Don't judge others that is funny!! HAHA!! that is all they ever do, judge and condem...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

But what do the R&F hear in their Kingdom Halls?

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

I think jst2laws made a very astute observation. I'll put it more bluntly: it's STILL all bullshit coming from Brooklyn.

: Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our heart.

Of course, the key phrase here is "secret sins." The crafty WT Corporation won't specifically state what "secret sins" are, but implies those sins (whatever they are) are bad for dubs. This is nothing more than typical WT guilt-trip crap. Every loyal dub who reads that crap will wonder what "secret sins" he/she has commited, without ever knowing specifically what a "secret sin" actually is. Everyone will eventually figure out that a "secret sin" could be as simple as having a thought in one's own mind that the WTS is a lying manipulative Cult. Which it is. But that is a "sin" to think that way. Do you get the picture?

There is nothing to suggest that the society is going easy on apostates, and I'm surprised you couldn't figure out that part. The society is heaping more piles of guilt on dubs and making them more afraid than ever. "Jehovah" may be the final judge, but the WTS is still the current jury and executioner. Nothing has changed.

Farkel

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!

My sins are not a secret! I tell youz guyz everything!!!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit