AWAKE Says We Shouldn't Judge Apostates!

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

TR,

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!!!

Lisa

• TR
    TR

Lisa,

That's OK, nothing in 'hovahland is worth dying for!

TR

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

"They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing."

A classic WT statement.

Stan

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

LDH LOL

• borgfree
    borgfree

I think it is a secret sin for all of you to say such bad things about the "glorious ones". Shame, shame!

Borgfree (ducking)

• heathen
    heathen

Bittersweet that sounds about right . Although they could be talking about masturbation as was previously discussed in one of minimus posts. There is no telling maybe they expect everyone to confess thought crime . Or is it more like , were you really sick so you couldn't go out in service ? It seems like the WT would love to broaden the term sin just to they could condemn people more easily .

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is basically what I got out of this:

"We are not going to judge those Apostates who rejected God and are now fighting against God, and are now worshiping Satan the Devil, and are liars."

"We are not going to judge them!"

• minimus
    minimus

UnDisfellowshipped, You got it!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Truthseeker, I believe has hit on an interesting point with respect to current trends among JWs. Through their literature and talk outlines, the JW ``braintrust" are increasingly turning away from the public at large and inward, toward their own kind.

It's hard to imagine such hard-line JW material appearing even a decade ago in the entry-level ``wam and fluffy" Awake! magazine; propaganda of this sort was reserved for the Watchtower, and mroe likely in a study articel aimed at the hardcore initiates.

Over roughly the same time,frame the Sunday lectures have similarly turned inward. ``Public lectures" in name only, they're frequently laced with esoteric JW jargon like ``remnant," ``Faithful and Discreet Slave," ``Circuit Overseer," ``Pioneer" and so forth. They're more akin to the old Saturday night ``service talks"" given by visiting Bethel speakers to the initiated as a preamble to the Sunday public talk.

Current ``public" speakers, generally far less qualified than their counterparts of twenty years ago, are as likely to read verbatim from a Society publication, bound volume, or inform the audience that ``the outline says thus and thus" as they are to read from the Bible.

Today, it's hard to imagine that any first-time visitor from the public at large to one of these so-called ``public talks" would find these comprehensible, much less relevant or inspiring.

• rebel
    rebel

The public talk last Sunday in my cong was along the lines of "Where will we go to" - in other words - if you leave, where will you go? Who else has the 'truth'? Who else has Jehovah's approval? They are implying that if you leave, you are doomed. Scare tactics!

I didn't go, but I have my spies!

They must be getting pretty scared at the amount leaving the org. In my congregation, in the last year, I know of 8 baptized publishers who have become inactive - me included.

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit