Do We Really Know Who Is Responsible For 9/11?

by SpannerintheWorks 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

D8,

There are many things in your response which I agree with. I'm not dogmatic. Hell, I was dogmatic dub! I got over that!

I would like to see these arguments presented rationally and with good evidence:

1) The USA should never attack Iraq unless Iraq attacks the US first.

Argue that one. Please keep in mind that this scenario could pssiblbly mean that Sadaam would have killed 200,000,000 Americans with his WMD before we finally understod what we already knew: he's a sociopath and he takes great joy in killing people he perceives to to be enemies.

2) The USA should "negotiate" with Sadaam before doing anything rash.

How does one "negotiate" with a man who promised the man who was married to his own SISTER a safe haven, and then had his own sister's husband's HEAD delivered on a plate for his own enjoyment? Sadaam killed his own brother-in-law. Sadaam killed 300,000 of his own people. It is time to kill the killer of humans. Fuck Sadaam. The Iraqis need to be free from that person.

And you bleeding-heart fuckwits who think he needs some sort of "chance" can go to rot in your liberal hell and reap your liberal nonsense as a consequence.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 15 January 2003 3:24:13

• D8TA
    D8TA
    I don't see where you defeated ANY of my arguments.

Nor am I trying to "defeat" you Farkel, in argument or debate.

Yet, you are arguing that we should take Sadaam at "his" "treaty." Pathetic.

That's not what I'm saying (and I have a feeling you know it). I was pointing out that the U.S. citizens in that era were a little more trusting. Nothing to do with trusting Saddam.

You haven't made anywhere NEAR a point that proves your assertions, my little friend.

I hope my follow up post (the one before this one) adds some clarity as to what I'm talking about.

Yes, I understand that those who were born in the 1970's and 1980's know all there is to know about that, while those uf us who's own FATHER FOUGHT in that war couldn't possibly know anything about it.

As did my GRANDFATHER and his brothers, and I too, heard many a tale of their experiences in both the Europe and the Pacific. Crimeny, you were born in 48, AFTER the war. I'm sure the tales we both heard on an equal spectrum, no?

Please tell me the all the stories you know about my father watching his best friend being blown up on his Ship by the Japanese enemy in 1943? I'd love to hear your stories about that.

No, can't say I know that specific story...of some ship that was attacked by the Japanese, but I do remember stories of D-Day from my grand father and being on the first wave on Utah Beach. Or how about one of my Grand Uncles, who related time and time again about his island hop-n-skip through the South Pacific islands meeting Japanese resistance. Jeez Farkel, You think that YOU are the only one with such second hand knowledge from family? GIVE ME A BREAK!

You claim that. You haven't demonstrated in the least that you can do that. You are still a "dreamer" who thinks he knows everything and doesn't know shit. I was there, too. My generation had all the solutions for everything in 1969. Now, were just old fat, fucks who don't know squat about sqaut. The only difference between your generation and my generation is that we finally figured out we don't know squat about squat. But press on and believe in what you do! We did!

Ah yes...I'm a "dreamer". One thing I have over you Farkel, as at least I admit to my arrogance...but I also have admitted as to my struggle in overcoming it. Have I not said: "One thing I've learned in life is: The more I learn, the less I know"? I've NEVER claimed in knowing everything (nor is knowing EVERYTHING the point-I'm disappointed in you for using this JW lingo)...and I've admitted plenty of times as to I "not knowing shit". I DO call things like they are. I strip down the meat and expose the bone.

Back to me being a "dreamer", well, I think where I'm at and what I'm doing pretty much shows that I'm a "do-er" and not a "dreamer". Like to see you pack your bags and leave your country to aid those who have nothing. Maybe teach a new language while learning a new one. Interact with people regardless of what the opinion is of "social structures". No Farkel, I'm not a "dreamer". I don't sit on my ass playing the piano in the comforts of my tidey secure home in the U.S. of A. At least I'm OUT THERE, DOING something about some of the problems in this world.

Edited by - D8TA on 15 January 2003 3:34:40

• Realist
    Realist

Emiliano,

great posts!

however, i don't think that there was US conspiracy leading to 9-11. it was just very useful to them....just like pearl habor.

Farkel,

why was pearl habor attacked in your opinion?

why would saddam attack the USA?

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Realist,

The attack on Pearl Harbor was not a surprise to the US. gov. They knew of it with enough time to have warned the sitting ducks. The US benefited from that too. Do you think the US. citizens of those day would have ever conceived in their heads that that was the case? This kinda thing has been done through history.

I dont think the US had any direct planning in it. But then again the more unimaginable the action the more likely we are to not believe that they would be capable of doing something like that.

Its hard for me to believe it. I don't want to believe it. ..... O.K. I don't believe it!

Edited by - Emiliano on 15 January 2003 11:19:42

Edited by - Emiliano on 15 January 2003 11:20:49

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

It breaks my heart that so many of you seem to have bought into all these ridiculous conspiracy theories. Osama Bin Laden and company did 9-11, no if's ands or buts about it. The reason was hatred of the US because of our sucess and riches and because we're "infidels" and not Muslim. We could change our foriegn policy so that we were bending over backwards kissing every arab leader's ass from now to eternity and they would still hate the US.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    We could change our foriegn policy so that we were bending over backwards kissing every arab leader's ass from now to eternity and they would still hate the US

As it's never been tried, how do you know this?

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

The reason was hatred of the US because of our sucess and riches and because we're "infidels" and not Muslim.

ok come on!

do you really deny that the US has intervened in that region for 50 years now siding with israel and trying to control the oil?

if your above statment would be true then why wasn't europe or japan or australia or canada etc. etc. attacked long ago?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Go to the region, I HAVE, it's not our foriegn policy, it's the fact that we are NON Muslim and RICH, PERIOD!

may I recommend that all who hold the "blame America first" position BLOW IT OUT YOUR A**!

So what if we sided with Israel, ISRAEL HAS THE RIGHT TO EXIST.

Jesus H. Christ, ya'll need to go out into the world and see it for what it really is. How many of you have even been to the middle east? Until you've gone there and met the people and talked with them as I have, ya just have no idea. It's the RELIGION that is at issue NOT the policy.

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 15 January 2003 12:15:15

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

can you answer me the following questions?

a) who screwed whom first? the arabs the US or vice versa?

b) why do you think the arabs hate the americans far more than anyone else?

c) why do you think the arabs focus on the americans and not others?

d) why does israel have a right to exist but not the people who lived there originally?

i am certainly NOT pro Islam and my respect for the arabs is quite limited....nevertheless if the US wouldn't try to control the region than the US wouldn't be the target of arab hate.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

A) Arabs screwed everyone in the Middle Ages so they started it.

B) They hate us because A: We are better off then them B: We support Isreal C: We have a different Religion D: We give rights to our people and WOMEN E: From time to time we mess them up

C) We are the leaders of the 'Free World', as in life if you have a problem go to the source

D) Who lived there originally? I believe the Hebrews have been there for a couple of thousand years. Before Isreal you had the Ottoman Empire. I dont remember anyone here bitching about the Ottomans........

Edited by - crazy151drinker on 15 January 2003 12:40:19

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit