Do We Really Know Who Is Responsible For 9/11?

by SpannerintheWorks 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Thanks Bean,

what are they making of all this in your part of the world?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Thank you for the links Mr. Beans. I hope anyone with an open mind looks into them. I spent several hours going over them. Some of the more interesting points:

You cannot trust the media because of the 1996 Telecommunications Act. It helped consolidate the media to the point that it is run by a few multinational corporations, one of which is General Electric, a company with financial stakes in the weapons racket. This is a blatent conflict of interest but nevermind that...

As far as the missing hijackers; the CIA released a list of 19 hijackers shortly after the attacks. Several names on the list were people who have been shown to be alive and in other parts of the world when the attacks happened. They had their passports and identities stolen and even though this has been shown to the CIA the list of names has NOT changed. Odd!

Even more curious; When Bush was told of the attacks he continued to calmly read to a group of schoolchildren. You would think that as a leader of the free world this might be a high priority. Maaaaaaybe?

Why were the Standard Operating Proceedures designed to intercept such an attack ignored? Huh? Good question!

Why is the current leader of Afghanistan a former employee of Haliburton? Look it up...

Why are all the politicians who are so pro war so lacking in actual combat experience?

Why are you allowed to bring butane lighters on a flight but not a leaf blower? I looooove lobbyists!!!!

Does anyone have any answers?

If you have more questions look here:

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0114-07.htm

~Aztec

Where's Noam Chomsky when you need him?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Emiliano,

: Unfortunatley most people think that the news you get in abc,cbs, nbc,cnn is real news.

: Crazy and Farkle things cant be dismissed as easly as just saying liberals this liberals that.

Unfortunately that is a straw man argument. You presuppose that I get all my information from TV and if that is true, you insult me. I'm nearly 55 years old and learned after my dub days to question everything. I get my information from various sources and think CNN is the worst source ever for information (next to the Watchtower, Awake! and National Enquirer.)

I've also learned how to think without other people telling me how to think. I suspect you are a very young man, Emiliano and full of idealism. I suspect that because I was ALSO like that once. My oldest child is 33, Emiliano. I suspect you are younger than her, my daughter. Why? Because you sound so full of vigor and total naivety, that's why.

It was do-gooders just like you who caused Pearl Harbor to be attacked without any worhty retaliation in 1941. Read your HISTORY! We were sick of the carnage of only one year of battle in WWI and folks and politicians told us to ignore Japan and Hitler in the 1930's. These dreamers (like you) figured that if we didn't mess with them, they wouldn't mess with us. Had those same dreamers had any common sense, World War II would have been much easier, if we just stopped Germany and Japan before Japan killed a whole bunch of our citizens on December 9, 1941 and Hitler declared war on us the next day or so.

Get a clue. Your ideal doesn't work in the real world. Yet, anyway. You know "real world?" It's the one we LIVE in, dreamer. Until that changes, you are giving us nothing by nice sounding sermons that sound great, but if carried out, will be disasters.

Farkel

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Aztec, or anyone

Chomshky's stuff is usually on Znet The Spirit of Resistance Lives

I think Crazy and Farkle would really appreaciate reading some of his stuff. He lay things out so matter of factly without over sensationalizing.

Edited by - Emiliano on 15 January 2003 0:0:52

Edited by - Emiliano on 15 January 2003 0:33:2

• Aztec
    Aztec

Emilieano dear here it is:

http://www.zmag.org/forums/chomeconbg.htm

Thanks Emilio!

~Aztec

I hope that's it!

Edited by - Aztec on 15 January 2003 0:0:46

Edited by - Aztec on 15 January 2003 0:10:48

• Aztec
    Aztec

was dreaming of the past.
    And my heart was beating fast,
    I began to lose control,
    I began to lose control,

I didn't mean to hurt you,
    I'm sorry that I mad you cry,
    I didn't want to hurt you,
    I'm just a jealous guy,

I was feeling insecure,
    You night not love me any more,

I was shivering inside,
    I was shivering inside,

I was trying to catch your eyes,
    Thought that you were trying to hide,
    I was swallowing my pain,
    I was swallowing my pain.

AWWWWW! It's so beautiful!

HMMMM!

~Aztec

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Hi there Farkel.

Using the age thing is a straw man argument. You are the one going on assumptions. I never said it was you that got your news from those sources. I guess I was worng to include cnn. I did'nt mean for you to take it personal.

What are those good sources, if you give them to me I'll check them out! Its good to hear that you question everything. I got a drift of it when you mentioned fascism. I dont want you to feel that I'm telling you how to think just because these posts are somewhat thought provoking.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Emiliano,

: think Crazy and Farkle would really appreaciate reading some of his stuff. He lay things out so matter of factly without over sensationalizing.

I think it is interesting that you didn't respond to my post. You ARE very young, aren't you? You ARE very idealistic, aren't you? You have no real life experience, and as such, you don't know how unfair and cruel and tragic human events can be, do you?

And obviously, since you didn't respond, you are clueless about our history and the dangers of acting on the idealistic hopes of do-gooders like you can cost in terms of human loss.

My dad fought for yearly four years in WWII and saw lost of live among his peers all the time. Just prior to his entry into WWII, most Americans were saying "if they don't mess with us, then it's their problem, not our problem." We learned tragically in December of 1941, they were wrong.

The issue with Saddam is no different. Given enough time, he WILL attack us, just like he attacked his own Kurdish people, Kuwait, Iran, Israel and tried to attack Saudi Arabia. Bush is spot-on in taking the initiative to stop him before he starts. Your children will be grateful he did this, and someday you will realize the world is not as pretty as you hope it is. Many people are just barbarians, and all the feel-good thinkers in the world cannot change this fact.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 15 January 2003 2:7:59

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Farkle

Examine your post I'll let you read it. You assume too much. Youre off way off. Age proves nothing.

Since age and idealism are being discussed here Noam Chomsky is an " idealist" as you might put it, in his 70's and he has a lot more years between you and him than there is between us.

What does that prove? That because he is older and has more life experience than you he can use that as an argument as to why his views are unchallangeable by you ? No

Are his points valid or not? Do they make sense or not?

You cant always just assume things.

• Mac
    Mac

Aztec,

Was that a poem or lyrics from a song you just posted and who wrote it? And what was the significance of it in that topic?

mac, always confused..lol

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit