If You Drive By A Kingdom Hall, How Do You Feel?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Eric
    Eric

I've been out for so long, I don't feel much of anything, but if I look at the place as I'm driving by, I will often think, "If the JW's big schtick is selling the dream of living on a paradise earth, why does their architecture and landscaping suck so incredibly hard?"

It's not deep, but that's what I think.

Eric

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I think about the 32yrs of being on the inside.I think about all the what ifs to myself and how things might of turned out otherwise.Then I think about those yet on the inside and I feel sad for the innocent ones.I think about all the ambiguity going on inside and my own ambivalence.Yes my mind still whirls,then I settle down again to the reality of my now existing life outside the K.H. Blueblades

• shera
    shera

I feel,sickened.

• Banshee
    Banshee

I feel sorry for all of the good-hearted people who are still blinded and trapped in there, like my mother.

• patio34
    patio34

I have a shudder when I see the KH similar to whenever I've had to pass by the OR at the hospital after a surgery. Just a shudder of dread.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I think, "What's up with the six foot high fence and the locked gate? Is it to keep us out, or them in?"
    Shoshana

• Soledad
    Soledad

like a colicky baby

• razorMind
    razorMind

1st feeling: Gotta reload!

2nd feeling: Gotta hurry up before the cops come!

Ooops! Sorry, I misunderstood the topic...you meant DRIVING BY the KH, not DOING A DRIVE-BY on the KH...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST JOKING! JUST JOKING, FOLKS---actually, I feel nothing. I may crack some jokes with my hubby or my DF sister if she's with me. Sometimes my sister and I promise that we'll show up at a Sunday meeting just to be nosy. That's all. Really.

Edited by - razorMind on 11 January 2003 23:32:32

• jurs
    jurs

Bewilderment ............... I wonder, how in the world did I become a JW.

Happy........... that I'm free

Sad....................... that others are missing out and wasting away their life

jurs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The hall we attended is also on the main hwy . and we pass it everyday. Today I passed the hall and they were all out cleaning the outside, burning leaves and such.

So every time I see the hall, I wonder why it still looks like crap.... I know the society has all of this money, yet this hall is very tacky. The letters for the front, are made out of wood and the brother who did them , couldnt cut straight, so the S that is at the end of Jehovah's........ is way off, you can tell driving by at 55 ,,,how bad it is.

Each time we go by ,,,,,,,,,,,, we honk the horn hoping someone will notice us.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit