If You Drive By A Kingdom Hall, How Do You Feel?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I have bitter sweet memories. I think about my youth when I met my Ex and how I had no idea of what I was up against....the pain, the disspointment. We both were JW's and I thought I had it all.....a home, a husband, and later 2 beautiful children. At least for a while I though I had it all. It reminds me of the song, "The Dance" by Garth Brooks....that's my story he sings about.

My husband was always abusive, so I finally decided I had to be true to myself and I couldn't live like that any longer. I gave him up, my friends who I thought were people I could depend on, my familar surroundings, and a little part of myself was also left behind. But, though all this I also know that I left behind a lot of hypocrisy, lies and deception.

When I drive by any Kingdom Hall I still feel a small part of me is left behind those walls; it's those memories. I still don't feel hate for any of them.....

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

I drive by the hall everyday as I go to work and I think of all my "good friends", (HA) .

I`m so glad my car will never be seen parked there again!...................................Jedd

• Scully
  • Prisca
    Prisca

A mixture of emotions.

Anger, relief, pity.

I feel like flipping them the finger, but I'm too much of a lady to do that.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

When I pass in front of the local KH and see cars parked for field service, I think, what a waste of time. Glad I don't do that anymore.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I make a conscious effort to not look when I know I am going to be driving by one. Looking at the cars and people in the parking lot is too painful still.

• mouthy
    mouthy

there is a KH near to my place- When I go by it I send up a pray" Please open their ears -eyes-hearts Lord to Love- Not hate ( ducking from those stones your gonna chuck at me gang)

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If You Drive By A Kingdom Hall, How Do You Feel?

FREE!!!

(And grateful for every moment of life I've been able to spend outside of that cesspool of human misery and shattered hopes.)

Farkel

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I have nothing but good feelings about not going there anymore so when I see one, I know it's full of robots having their programming sessions.

• Francois
    Francois

"Thank God in heaven I don't have to go in there and listen to that drivel any more."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit