If You Drive By A Kingdom Hall, How Do You Feel?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I don't pass very often in front of a KH, since they are built so far away on the outskirts of the city. But when I do pass, I slow down and even make a U turn in the parking lot to see who still goes, and who doesn't go anymore. I count the cars in the parking lot, and I multiply by 2.5 to give me an approximate evaluation of how many people there are in the hall. If there is less than 50 people in the hall, I laugh.

• Simon
    Simon

I drive past our KH every day because it's near the end of the road on the way to work. I tend to think "losers", especially if I see them going in or coming out.

• Scully
    Scully

Last month, I would think, gee that building would look great with a huge frikkin Christmas tree on the front lawn, and Christmas lights crazy glued onto the eaves.

Now, I think I'm so glad I don't have to go there anymore. It's gonna hurt them like hell on January 29, when they get exposed as a pedophile paradise, instead of a spiritual one.

Love, Scully

• gumby
    gumby

It's gonna hurt them like hell on January 29, when they get exposed as a pedophile paradise, instead of a spiritual one

Hey scully...I missed this one. What is going on the 29th?

• troucul
    troucul

I say: "look at those schmucks"...I have to stop myself from pulling a Bill Bowen...

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Since I NEVER will grow up I have the urge to flip them off EVERYTIME LOL

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Physically ill. For the first time in 6 years come February I will be going to a witness wedding. I wish I could say I was looking forward to it but I'm dreading it. Its the least I can do for one of the few dubs who did not shun me or label me as bad association.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Unbeliever

For the first time in 6 years come February I will be going to a witness wedding.

Sounds like you've been out awhile. Where have you been? Anyways....it's nice to have you and I'm looking forward to your "story".

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome unbeliever!!! Nice to hear your very first response! Did this person stick by you when you started to be an unbeliever?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Thanks gumby and minimus.

short version I left the org when I was 16 and now I'm 22. mom is a die hard dub and I'm always having to deal with her crap. she shuns my df sister which causes a lot of friction in the family.

my friend who is getting married did stick by me and I her. She was df for a couple of years but went back. were still friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit