SUV'S Owners Support Terrorists!

by pettygrudger 55 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

I have no private jet,yacht or second home. So I guess im not 'elitist' by your definition. As for refuting what you state? To claim that anti SUV people have private jets,yachts and 2nd and 3rd vacation homes is so ridiculous,why bother? Even if that was the case, my argument is that as a nation we would be better off if we didn't depend so much on oil. I beleive that is true whether one owns a yacht or not. Besides, I wasn't attacking you, just following one mile wide generalization with another.

Edited by - irongland on 9 January 2003 17:49:29

Edited by - irongland on 9 January 2003 17:51:28

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello Irongland.

I base my thoughts on this. Most of the people that we see or hear in the media, that are anti SUV are well known actors, actress, conservationists and almost all of them are very wealthy. Being very wealthy they do many of the things I mentioned that use lots of energy. At the same time they are very vocal about the suv issue and its use of energy. While I am sure that some of them do not fit this picture, many obviously do. I view this as hypocritical conduct.

At the same time, I am sure that if I was wealthy I would do as they do except I would not ridicule those who have an suv.

The elitist attitude displayed by many highly paid actors, who in many cases are little more than uneducated people with an attitude, do annoy me when they pick an area like the suv and speak as if they are experts with a lesson for the masses.

Outoftheorg

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LOL @ Mike, no one that I know of..... yet.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Celebrity finger-waggers irritate me as well. However, it's not just rich celebrities who dislike these things. You cant exactly be poor and afford a Lincoln Navigator. Anyway..let's have a look at next years models....

Has your Suburban or Expedition gotten too small for you, or have the Jones' just one-upped you once again with a new Excursion? If you thought that so-called "large" SUVs like the Expedition have a tough look, then you need to check out the new Kenworth Pilgrimage!

We buy Kenworth semi chassis and build SUVs on them. Shown is the Dominator model, which includes the eight rear wheels for handling those trips to Sam's Club.

Use our new Order Form to reserve YOUR Kenworth Pilgrimage.

F EATURES:

• Fits under MOST bridge underpasses.
    • The first SUV to be rated in Gallons per Mile by the EPA
    • Meet interesting people while waiting in line at Interstate Weight Stations.
    • When kids do the arm signal, you get to honk that really cool air horn!
    • Get a big rush when your Firestone tires blow out.
    • Lots of road-hugging weight for occupant protection, the ULTIMATE in safety.
    • Can seat 20. Go ahead, take the WHOLE soccer team.
    • Can tow your camper, yacht, a trailer-load of frozen pizzas, or even your house!
    • Yours for under $200,000 ($100,000 for truck chassis + $100,000 standard SUV markup)

M ODELS:

Traildodger - two wheel drive model, our best seller.

Eliminator - our Sport model - includes a 900hp quad-turbo 12-cylinder Cummins Diesel engine, previously only available in merchant barges. Built to resemble those oh-so-groovy custom vans of the 70's!

The Eliminator

Dominator - Who else can boast ten-wheel-drive and eight tons of road-hugging, occupant-protecting mass?

The Grand Dominator (pictured below) - The ultimate SUV- Adds extra high roof/cathedral ceilings, power expandable sides, full lavatory, four cell-phones, white leather interior with lambswool carpets, TV/VCR/Nintendo 64, Sony DSS satellite, beer cooler (go ahead, drive drunk, nothing's gonna kill you in this thing!), and a permanent cellular link to the internet.

Again, use our new Order Form to reserve yours before they sell out!!!

The Grand Dominator

• IronGland
    IronGland

I understand the safety issue Heaven. However, like I said before a person only needs a tank for safety when everyone else is driving a tank.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Actually Freightliner trucks does build a miniature version of a class seven or eight diesel powered tractor. It makes a very good towing truck for large goose neck travel trailers. It is special order only. IHC still makes, I think it is the 1600 series with the dt470 diesel engine and it is also used this way. Diesel engines can be very fuel efficient. Cat's 3406 electronic 425 hp engine can get up to 7mpg towing 70,000 gvw if kept around 55 mph and the driver will allow the engine to lug down to around 1100 rpm before downshifting. The cat engines no longer need hi rpms to maintain torque.

Now these are my idea of an SUV.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit