SUV'S Owners Support Terrorists!

by pettygrudger 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

from all I've read the ads primary purpose was to show the hypocrisy of the government sponsored anti-drug ads

Well, if that's true, I fear she has missed her mark. 21st Century Americans just don't seem to 'get' sarcasm/satire.

And making sure that power isn't in the hands of someone as evil as Saddam

Why do Muslim fundies hate Americans? Because they perceive us as intruding on their way of life.

Why do we intrude on their way of life? Because they have oil, and we want it!

If we didn't need oil, and the entire Mid-East could be left to their own devices....do you think any of them would be as much trouble as they are now? There would be no meaningful dictatorships, because they'd have no money to buy weapons with!

• Xander
    Xander

4 wheel drive is necessary sometimes

That's why the gods gave us Subaru. Good cars, and all are AWD. Never had a problem with my wife's Forrester in the worst Ohio winters.

And that WRX is tre chic!

• Xander
    Xander

Kim Jong, is just as "evil" as Saddam if not more

* Saddam hates Americans for continuous interferance in the region. As long as we continue to interfere, he will oppose us. Since our need for oil doesn't appear to be drying up....

* Kim Jong does not particularly care for us one way or the other. He would like a unified Korean peninsula, and he certainly wants to protect NK against foreign aggression, but that appears to be the extent of his world interest.

Who is more of a threat?

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Xander:

If we didn't need oil, and the entire Mid-East could be left to their own devices....do you think any of them would be as much trouble as they are now? There would be no meaningful dictatorships, because they'd have no money to buy weapons with!

If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses.

* Saddam hates Americans for continuous interferance in the region. As long as we continue to interfere, he will oppose us. Since our need for oil doesn't appear to be drying up....

Do you really believe that if we stopped "interfering" in the region that Saddam would suddenly become a different person? The guy is whacked !! And he'll continue to believe what he does about himself and what he can do whether the US "interferes" or not. Would he suddenly stop oppressing his own people if "WE" do something differently? I think not.

That's why the gods gave us Subaru. Good cars, and all are AWD.

No, actually that is why the Japanese gave us Subaru. What if I don't like AWD? Or if I don't like the Subaru in general? This is America and we are all still free to choose.

XW

• Mac
    Mac

Enjoying hearing stories of those who have sold their gas guzzlers for the greater good...........why didn't they scrap them and take them out of commision????????

mac

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

I've never liked SUV's much. They're slow, handle poorly, are hard to get into, cause greater injuries to others in accidents. And manufacturers just keep making them bigger. -- Say, that Hummer has some nice fog lights. Oh, wait that's a Miata trapped underneath.

They have their uses for some people though.

• Xander
    Xander
    Do you really believe that if we stopped "interfering" in the region that Saddam would suddenly become a different person? The guy is whacked !! And he'll continue to believe what he does about himself and what he can do whether the US "interferes" or not. Would he suddenly stop oppressing his own people if "WE" do something differently? I think not.

Yes, and we'd then care because....why?

I was just saying, if we stopped interfering, his lunacy would not be directed at us, hence, no longer our problem. We are not the world's policemen, nor should be.

I may sympathize with those of his own people he'd oppress, but I don't see this as anyone else's problem - AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T SPREAD. In a hypothetical situation in which there is no money in the middle east, they could buy no weapons, and the problem would NOT spread.

Dictatorships only exist as long as the flow of money in a region is easy to control. If Iraq lost the 'easy out' of oil, they'd have to initiate significant agricultural reform, build factories to actually produce GOODS instead of simply exporting oil, educate their population better, etc. - they'd need to diversify their source of income or collapse into third world poverty. Once that happens.....

There are no, nor have ever been, any industrial nations that have been able to maintain a dictatorship for more than a century, tops. Even the mighty Soviet Union only managed 80 years. There is a reason for that....

If you could FORCE Iraq/Iran/Saudi Arabia/etc to industrialize instead of simply taking money for outsiders drilling holes in their land....

• IronGland
    IronGland

Yes they are getting much better as far as gas mileage and emissions. However to all those who say they cant drive in snow without an SUV...they only started getting really popular in the last 10 years or so. How did people ever manage to drive in snow without them? Just admit you got one because its the trendy automobile to have these days. In 15 years they will be laughed at just as those big ugly cars from the 70's were. All these non-mountain living SUV drivers probably wore DonJohnson suits in the 80's, danced the Macarena in the 90's, and just like stink on shit,when the next consumer trend comes along, they will be there.

Edited by - irongland on 9 January 2003 17:58:22

Edited by - irongland on 9 January 2003 17:59:6

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hello Irongland.

Wow you have the typical JW attitude. If you can't effectivly refute what I state you attack me as a person. How unique.

Or do you consider yourself one of the elitists, and this insults you?

Outoftheorg

Edited by - outoftheorg on 9 January 2003 17:41:35

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

We drive a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - but it's a 6-cylinder, and we only buy our gas from Sunoco (who only gets their petrol from Venezuela).

So there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit