SUV'S Owners Support Terrorists!

by pettygrudger 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

I ride the bus. Long live mass transportation.

Okay so it's only temporarily cause my car died but the most important thing I look at when buying a car is fuel efficiency. Partly because I don't like our dependency on oil and partly cause I'm cheap.

None of you have anything to worry about. Noone is prying nothing out of your cold dead hands k?

~Aztec

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

What irritates me about this SUV issue is, that the elitist groups that are slaming the SUV's are the same people with very large homes, pools, hot tubs etc. that Animal spoke of, which also use up fuel to heat etc. They are also very willing to use private jets "which use tons of fuel" to go to their second or third home that uses more fuel. Then there is the yacht or the cruise ships and all the fuel used there. Also they have to fly everywhere and use commercial lines to go overseas to mingle with more elitists.

Then they get on their ten speed and tell us we should not have an SUV.

Outoftheorg, Of the wish I could do all that group.

Edited by - outoftheorg on 8 January 2003 22:59:14

• animal
    animal

The Corvair was taken out of commision basically the same way, via Ralphy Nader.... three wheeler ATV's were the same, taken out and off the market.... all because of bad publicity and not many facts. All it takes is lots of people with no self reasoning ability to stop buying them.

Animal

• bigboi
    bigboi

I wonder if the ppl who are making such a tizzy about SUV 's even pump their own gas or know what the price of a gallon of gas is right now.

• Mackin
    Mackin

Since we're posting pic's of our cars:

I drive a 1999 Ford Mondeo 2.0 litre.

35 mpg average.

Mines a maroon colour, not blue like this one.

Mackin.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Speaking of cars, isn't there Elders or JWs always showing off their cars and especially when it comes to who has the best car in the KH parking lot?

Yizuman

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Sorry Xena, I love ya babe, but I have to agree with IronGland on this one...

North Korea is far more scary, and it's leader, Kim Jong, is just as "evil" as Saddam if not more. Jong is just as much of a meanace to his one people as he is to his neighbors, which is as I recall the "criteria" we are basing a war on Iraq.

Jong is much further along in his quest for a bomb than Saddam. He is also more uncooperative than Saddam at present.

While I used to believe there was more to this war than oil, I have to wonder in light of recent events. Why are we so gung ho over the middle east while we let people in North Korea rot under a disgusting killer like Jong?

I am off topic as well here, but it raises some interesting questions. Why are we so eager to oust one dictator and not another? What do we have to gain?

Back on topic. I love the commercials. It's a wake up call. American priorities are all out of whack. At the detroit car expo they release a cadillac for $250,000 dollars that has a V-16 engine. Meanwhile car experts say it is far too un-profitable to realse an energy efficent means of transportation. Meaning we can make more selling horsepower.

American research and development on fuel efficent cars is woefully behind the rest of the worlds technology. And I think it says a lot about American priorities, and it makes me sad.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I have a 3 series bmw, not a gas gussler.
    But I would have bought it anyway if it was. I love my car!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I think the anti-drug comercials are funny. How many terrorist do you know, that are from Vancouver, BC? Since that's where most the pot comes from in the northwest.

• Aztec
    Aztec

<---pumps her own gas and knows that gas is about $1.50 per gallon for regular around here. Don't know about premium as I can't afford it.

<---voted for Ralph Nader.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit