Nearly died/motivational quotes needed

by Mimilly 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

On January 1 st , after a week of no sleep, working through xmas and its stress and months of marital super-stress I walked into my room and gave up. I told God that if he wanted to step in, to do so now, as otherwise Im going.

I sat down and swallowed a brand new prescription of valium 10mg as well as clonadine, also a new prescription. While nearing the end of this, being chased with a vodka cooler, I called Lloyd hubby living with his girlfriend and told him I wanted HIM to speak to me until I passed out.

I wrote a letter to my girls with a huge marker on my bedroom wall. Id snapped, completely. Little did I know that Lloyd had called the police. The dogs began barking and my Mom who was napping answered in a panic, thinking something had happened to one of my girls. Then she found out it was me, locked in my room, talking on the phone and downing pills, and yes, crying. The police broke in and immediately called the paramedics. I dont remember the paramedics coming, or being taken in the ambulance.

I was in ICU for 24 hours in a coma; they couldnt find my blood pressure; the meds had worked so fast that pumping my stomach was a no go. My potassium level was 3, dangerously low. Apparently while my Mom and daughter Beth were visiting me there, I opened my eyes and said Why dont you both just leave and closed my eyes. I dont remember. I had been in a coma and when I awoke for minutes infrequently, I was tangled in wires and lines, machines blipping and beeping all around me. I felt no fear.

Then I was transferred to the NS Mental Health Hospital Short Stay Unit. I dont remember that. They couldnt find my blood pressure for three days and when they did it was 90/58. They tried shouting at me to wake up, but they couldnt wake me and wondered why on earth did ICU ship me out to them so soon.

I finally woke up and was drunk-like, couldnt walk straight at all for another two days. When I found out all that had transpired, I was devastated. I scared everyone I loved, and I terrified myself. I wanted to end the pain not die. Yet the letter on my wall indicates I wanted death. Death to pain? I dont know.

What I do know is Im very glad to be alive. Whatever happened while in that coma has changed me. I feel no anger toward my husband and his girlfriend. There is a peace within me that hasnt been there in decades. Let me be realistic here I saw no bright light (except the ones in the ICU) and I heard no voices.

Ive made goals for myself. Meetings with the social worker; signing up for membership at the sports stadium; posting motivational quotes etc around my home; walking my dogs regularly and eating properly as well as taking my meds according to the prescription. No more winging it, pushing it, overdoing it, running myself over with my own doings.

I feel teary today and Im returning to work tonight. My friends have been great, but especially my mom and my treasures, Beth and Shelene. I know a darn good cry is coming for what I did to those who love me and for what I nearly accomplished. I feel ashamed and stupid. In my own defense, I know well that I snapped. I did not plan this at all I just snapped.

I will never again return to that place as I will scream out to take me to the hospital before I even reach for pills. The only happiness in this saga is that Im alive, have learned my lesson, and this incredible peace is inside me- which I cant explain but am grateful for.

I was very close to death so anyone thinking of it get help NOW. I would also like it if you could add motivational sayings to my collection for me to put up on my walls.

Joy thank you for your email; it was timely and perfect.

Love and hugs, Salem/Mimilly

Edited by - Mimilly on 7 January 2003 10:39:27

Edited by - Mimilly on 7 January 2003 20:33:15

• email
    email

(((((((Mimilly))))))

You've been through a lot... but the most important thing as you stated is that you learned your lesson... and I'm so glad about that...

Now.. you wanted motivational quotes... here are two of my favorites:

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom"
    - Gen. George Patton

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. "

--Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• yucca
    yucca

my dear i am so glad you are still with us. i am glad that you are glad to be still here. friends and family are the best medicine for you. you may not have seen god but i believe he was with you and the holy spirit has put that feeling in you. glad to be alive. god bless you and enjoy the rest of your life. take care of yourself. christian love yucca

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Thank you for your replies. I'll be out most of the day and work tonight (not looking forward to that,but oh well) I'll keep checking back - and I appreciate your replies.

Love Mim

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Your vision will become clear
    only when you look into your heart ...
    Who looks outside, dreams.
    Who looks inside, awakens.

~ Carl Jung

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((((((((Mimilly))))))))

I'm so glad your ok and have come through this, please take care - there are many here that care for you

I found this web-site with loads of motivational quotes on.

http://www.sperience.org/postcards/

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

I thank the Goddess that you are alright! We all get overwhelmed sometimes, anybody can snap. You are not alone. Way back when I was young, teens, I tried to end my life. It was so surreal. I wrote all these letters and just kept popping pills. Suddenly I just up and changed my mind. Solid. Not a bit of a wish to die left over... so off to the ER, ICU etc. Like you, I was super stressed out and exaughsted. It's been maybe 17 years now, I have never come close to that level of despair. I've been through some major bad times since then but I've kept my equilibrium.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I think you're going to be ok and that you most likely won't snap again. I'm so glad you are still here, your girls need you, love you. If you ever need to talk you can email me; [email protected]

Bright Blessings, Love and hugs,

~Witch

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oh, dear Mimilly, I am SO glad you did not leave us! We would miss you so much! As for inspirational quotes, my favorite is one of James Thurber's: "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear but around in awareness." May you find beauty in each day, and may your newfound peace sustain you as you heal.

Love and hugs,

Nina

• caligirl
    caligirl

Mimilly - So glad that you are ok and still here with us! Below is a great site for motivational quotes.

http://www.motivateus.com

• searcher
    searcher

(((((((((((((((((((((Mimilly))))))))))))))))))))

Today is the first day of the rest of your life........Live it Well !

searcher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit