Nearly died/motivational quotes needed

by Mimilly 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

((((Mim)))) so glad you are here

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
    -Confucius

"Nothing happens by itself... it all will come your way, once you understand that you have to make it come your way, by your own exertions."
    -Ben Stein

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
    -Dale Carnegie

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
    -Ambrose Redmoon

"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer."
    -Albert Camus

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A bridge

An bridge before me
    Joining here to there
    This side familiar
    The other side not.

Fear holds onto me
    Of the great unknown
    It keeps me rooted
    To this very spot.

Sorrow is with me
    On the side I know
    Dysfunctional life
    Is what I know best.

I am tired of pain
    It is time to let go
    A step on the bridge
    Is where I must go.

Panic rises
    I want to return
    A look behind me
    But cannot go back.

I am shaky inside
    Know not where I go
    One more step forward
    I am almost across

The safety I see
    Feels so good to me
    On the far side now
    The bridge behind me.

Copyright 2002: Lee Marsh

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Again,thank you all. I've decided not to go to work tonight. Im losing my balance again and am very very tired. So I will rest. I am very touched by your replies - and UGG.... yes I will put that on my wall hon

As I've said before - this place is very much home to me. Had I been thinking clearly I would've reached out - but I snapped - no thots necessary for that.

I also thank those who sent emails. Please note my new email addy on my profile for those who know the older one.

I love all of you.

Mim/Salem

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I am sad for your girls. When you are gone, who will teach them how to deal with emotional problems Salem?

The greatest motivating quote I can offer is to advise you to live for others rather than for yourself.

~Beck~

• kelpie
    kelpie

(((((((((((((Mim)))))))))))))

I am not good with motivational speeches but you will be missed by loved ones.

I know that once when I tried over dosing, it was the thought of my neice and my mother and how much they would miss me that stopped me taking the rest of the sleeping tablets.

Just my little bit

Kelps

ps.. welcome back Beck

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Beck and Kelpie -

I know you both mean very well, but had I been 'thinking' instead of snapping - it never would've happened. I loathe what I did. It was stupid, selfish, inconsiderate and worth saying again -stupid.

I didn't plan it - I literally snapped. The only thots were that I needed out of the pain and that my girls needed better than me. I'd tried for so long living for others and I drained completely. I've never hit bottom like this before. I could not take one more minute of the pain I was living with and couldn't handle, but had carried for so long for the sake of others. I cannot live for the sake of others. Yes, I must remember them - but I have to live for me or else I will lose who I am and become a martyr, something I've always hated.

With the nicest sincerity - the last thing I need to hear right now is to ignore myself and live for others. That is merely one of the things that drove me over the cliff emotionally.

I love you both tho. I appreciate your thots and understand the meaning behind them, but believe me, I am aware of my kids now that I've returned and I feel horrible. No one can be harder on me than me. Especially regarding this. But in my own defense - this has been building and because of living for others, I had no time to reach out. Any down time was a numb out for the purpose of escape. I didn't plan this. I honestly did not. It just happened. I wrote the letter to my kids on my wall after I'd taken the pills realizing I needed to tell them mom couldn't take the pain anymore and that I'd tried, was just hurting all the time and that they had already done so much better than me. That it wasn't their fault. That mommy is sorry for giving up.

mim

• nilfun
    nilfun

"When sorrow has no words, it expresses itself in the body."

Mimilly,

I am relieved that you are still alive & that your attempt to end your life failed. Reading about what happened...hurts.Even though we are not much more than strangers, we ( from the most active posters to the silent lurkers) are connected, all of us here, to each other, and I am so thankful that you have not passed into oblivion. You have just been through the wringer, physically, emotionally...and I know you know it is far from over..but that you are still here, that you are still willing to try says/means so much to me and to so many of us here...

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Mimilly

You must forgive me for my words. I don't know your pain and despair...so to walk one day in your shoes is something I cannot comprehend.

My comment wasn't a criticism of you and your choice at that time...it was more a thought out loud. I have lost a loved one to suicide, I see the pain it causes others...but I cannot even begin to know what pain YOU are in.

I hope you forgive my words...and only know that I speak without thinking sometimes. My brother in law (who lost a son to suicide only a few months ago) is sinking fast...he suffers...he aches...he hurts...he cries himself to sleep embracing the photo of his son. I hurt inside as I watch him whither away...from a strong able bodied man to a small frail aged skeleton figure. Its not nice to watch...and we are all so completely helpless.

My first thought was for your girls...as a mother myself I have a tendancy to think and act this way.

This will be the last I will address you on this matter as I do not know what is the best thing to say, only what I think is the right thing to say, and again, please forgive me for that. May you find peace.

~Beck~

• Introspection
    Introspection

I wanted to end the pain not die. Yet the letter on my wall indicates I wanted death. Death to pain? I dont know.

It sounds like you do know, and the pain did die - but you are still here.

From what little I've read there have already been some nice quotes shared on this thread, but I would like to point out that the most profound truths are not found in words that are more articulate than what you might hear from the average folk, it's powerful when it's alive and from the heart. I would say you may very well find them from acquaintances and friends, or most importantly yourself. The poets and philosophers may sum it up nicely in a few words, make it sound nice, but those close to you are probably the ones that will touch your heart. So don't discount your inner knowing , the part I quoted above is probably a perfect example.

"Your constant flight from pain and search for pleasure is a sign of love you bear for yourself; all I plead with you is this: make love of your self perfect." -Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

<<<<<Mimilly>>>>

Can't remember who wrote this, but I really like it:

I live for those who love me,

For those that know me true,

For the Heaven that smiles above me,

And awaits my spirit too,

For the wrong that needs resistance,

For the right that needs assistance,

For the future in the distance,

And the good that I can do.

May you find peace...you're in my thoughts....take care.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit