Nearly died/motivational quotes needed

by Mimilly 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

((((((Mimilly))))))

Salem, please never forget how much you are loved.

• happyout
    happyout

Hi,Mim,

I am glad that you pulled through such a terrible time in your life. Inspiration sometimes comes to me in the weirdest forms. I saw a movie called "Serafina" that detailed one young black African girl's life in apartheid South Africa. There was a song in the movie "Freedom is coming tomorrow" that really touched me. It made me realize that tomorrow can always bring something better, but you have to be here to experience it. Don't cheat yourself out of the beauty that could be tomorrow. (((((((Mim))))))

Edited by - happyout on 7 January 2003 12:55:41

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mimilly,

I have been following your sufferings with sorrow and concern. Please don't ever think that things will be better without you in the world. Each one of us is endowed with a talent that noone else possesses. You are a unique and special person. You are important to all of us. I have been touched by your caring, kind and compassionate personality. Don't we need more people like you in the world?

I too have experienced the raw emotions of deep depression and hopelessness. Having one thing go wrong in your life can be stressful. Having many things go wrong in your life can set up a bout with severe depression. You may feel that things won't improve, but they will improve. Your depression will ease. Please don't hold in your emotions. Share how you feel with someone you love. Keep talking about it. Your mind can be likened to a pressure cooker. If you don't release the pressure in a slow, steady stream, the lid is going to blow. So, too, you need to talk things out so as to relieve your own pressure. Then you will find relief as certain damaging emotions come to the surface and are released. Please continue to see a health care professional. It sometimes helps to talk things out with a third party, they can often offer insight and help that maybe a family member can't because they are too close to us.

Mimilly, you have strength beyond what is normal to beat this. You have an inner stength, resilience, a strong will to go beyond what you thought was possible. Remember, it's not what we acquire in life that make us successful, but it is the qualities that we display that determines our success, such as love and gentleness and kindness. In that case you have succeeded, you are not a failure.

A quote from Helen Keller is appropriate because she struggled with blindness and deafness all her life, yet listen to a quote she made: "I am one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do." Imagine a world without the likes of Helen Keller. Aren't we blessed that she was here and shared her love, kindness, wisdom and insight? So, too, aren't we blessed with the likes of Mimilly, can anyone imagine a world without her. Never forget that even people that you don't know love you and care for you. We want you here with us for many more years. I send my love and that of the Shakita family.

Mr. Shakita

• Mystla
    Mystla

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" -Hemingway

"When the pain of being where we are becomes greater than the pain of letting go.. we will risk and heal and grow." -Anon

"The mind that renounces, once and forever, a futile hope, has it's compensation in ever growing calm." -unknown

These are the only ones I can think of at the moment. I am glad you have come through the darkness and found light.

Mystla

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((((Salem)))))))))))))))))) It seems you are living proof that, as the saying goes............"It's always darkest before dawn"

I'm going to send you my phone number, and if you ever get to feeling like this again, please, call me collect.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Thank you all for your replies. I'll be writing them all down.

I've decided not to go to work tonight - still losing my balance and extremely tired as well as on the verge of tears (a good bawl) out of the gravity of being in a coma; out of what I did, and this new peace within to meditate on. Something horrid in me died, but I didn't. Some higher power obviously stepped in.

All of your words and quotes and sites are touching me greatly. A thank you doesn't express how I feel for your replies, but it will have to do as the english language sometimes fails to express an emotion exactly as it is felt.

with much love,

Mimilly/Salem

• ugg
    ugg

mimilly,,,,i am so glad you are ok,,,,i do not have any words of wisdom for your wall,,,but i hope you put up a sign that says UGG CARES!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS....please do this for me for you ok???????????? ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( mimilly )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((mimilly)))))))))

I'm glad you are here to tell us about it. Glad the motivational tape helped. Look at if often. Its great. (thanks Cassi )

please stay in touch so we know you are doing ok.

One day at a time.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Been there
    Been there

((((((((Mimilly)))))))))

I've been waiting and waiting for you to check in and let us know how the job was going and how you have been, missed hearing from you.

Dog gone it Mim. Breaks my heart to think of you going through so much pain and keeping it all inside. Please give us all a chance to help hold you up when you can't do it for yourself. There are too many people here that care about you.

But then again to get the peace that has come to you, you were't alone. I hope you have hit your bottom and never never feel a need to go there again. I'll be thinking of you more then ever now. Please take good care of yourself. We don't want to lose you.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

((((Mimilly))))

Thinking of you.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit