Geoffrey Jackson's Golden Apple watch INVESTIGATED

by C0ntr013r 112 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I wish I could take the Org's Vow of Poverty and live as poorly as Mr. Jackson and his fellow "servants" who slave!

• dozy
    dozy

The whole business makes some of the Societies quotes look very hypocritical.

*** w90 2/1 p. 25 par. 19 Exposing “the Man of Lawlessness” ***

The worldliness of some clergy has even been exposed in the media in recent times, as for example the licentious and luxurious life-styles of some TV clergymen. One modern songwriter composed a song with the title: “Would Jesus Wear a [$10,000] Rolex [watch] on His Television Show?” The song goes on to say: “Would Jesus be political if He came back to earth, have His second home in [luxurious] Palm Springs and try to hide His worth?” In addition, more and more clergymen condone or practice homosexuality. Even now the Catholic Church in the United States is paying millions of dollars in damages to compensate for priests guilty of sexual abuse of children.

• tiki
    tiki
    Being so close to heaven obviously has its perks. Its all just corporate role playing.
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

It would be such a nice change if the Governing Body practiced what they preached, but just like Sophia's ice cream money they want ordinary Witnesses to give the Organization their fine jewelry, while they themselves not only wear theirs in public but seem to enjoy flashing it. Bling bling.

Scans below are from the Charitable Planning brochure, 2010.

Page 12

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    So many active JW's will just bury their head(s) in the sand. "WELL...they receive those items as gifts." They just WON'T see it.
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting

WT will point out that Jesus' outer garment (which the soldiers cast lots for) was "without seams" and therefore very costly for that time. This somehow justifies the Armani suits, French cuffs and flashy jewelry worn by GB members.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

How nice to see That jw donations are well used...

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The gb are definitely 'watch' men. Wind them up and they talk in circles. But to their credit, 'they take a lickin' but keep on tickin'.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I sure hope none of the GB discover REAL watches such as:

Breguet

Glashutte Original

IWC

Patek Phillipe

Panerai

Omega

• Scully
    Scully

The first scripture that came to mind as I read this thread was Luke 18:18-25 (NWT):

18 And one of the rulers questioned him, saying: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” 19 Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good except one, God. 20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and your mother.’” 21 Then he said: “All of these I have kept from youth on.” 22 After hearing that, Jesus said to him, “There is still one thing lacking about you: Sell all the things you have and distribute the proceeds to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come be my follower.23 When he heard this, he became deeply grieved, for he was very rich. 24 Jesus looked at him and said: “How difficult it will be for those having money to make their way into the Kingdom of God! 25 It is easier, in fact, for a camel to get through the eye of a sewing needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.”

HYPOCRITES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit