Geoffrey Jackson's Golden Apple watch INVESTIGATED

by C0ntr013r 112 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

You can buy many books on the art of selling. But if you want to make MONEY learn the rules which are:-

a) Talk with the big boys who make decisions.

b) Talk with these " big boys" about watches.

The greatest salesman do that, because it puts them on the purchasers level. Personally I don't think a " Golden apple watch" is a very impressive level, in terms of materialistic success.

I get the point, but seriously who is impressed by a Gold Apple watch?

I think it's an extravagance, but it's not such a big deal. It's not as though we think they live in bed-sits, and only dream about foreign travel is it?

The Rebel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Rebel: but it's not such a big deal.

Are you kidding?

THEY, the GB, tell the Rank & File to "keep their eye simple" yet THEY wear bling that very few people can afford.

THEY claim to represent Jehovah and oppress their followers with endless rules and constantly extort them for money with guilt and manipulation, yet THEY live like rock stars. And who pays for this un-christian lifestyle? The flock that's getting fleeced.

THEY are complete hypocrites. It IS a big deal. Get the clue!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oubliettte, the war isn't won on a watch. The watch is a flower that will outlive Autumn and illegality.

The Rebel.

• Splash
    Splash
    The Rebel it's not such a big deal

It is a big deal, because they have said it is a big deal.
    They blab on about being discreet but demonstrate themselves to be exactly what they condemn.
    They constantly badger and heckle for more money but exhibit tactless hubris by parading their riches on TV.

*** w94 8/15 p. 11 par. 3 This Good News Must Be Preached First ***
    In stark contrast, news reports have time and again revealed many of the clergy in some lands to be pedophiles, immoral swindlers, and frauds. Their works of the flesh and their extravagant life-styles are manifest for all to see. One popular songwriter expressed it well in his song entitled “Would Jesus Wear a Rolex [a very expensive gold watch] on His Television Show?

*** w92 5/1 p. 16 par. 10 Who Will Escape the “Time of Distress”? ***
    Christendom does not seek righteousness. Many of her adherents adopt or sponsor permissive life-styles. Rather than seek meekness as Jesus did, they make a showy display, for example on television, of luxurious and often immoral living.

*** w83 6/15 p. 18 par. 12 Do Not ‘Turn Back to Weak and Beggarly Things’ ***
    Some think that a “showy display of one’s means of life” implies flaunting designer-name clothing or excessive jewelry, such as wearing four or five rings at the same time. (James 2:2, 3) And it may, for the Bible counsels against concentrating on adornments such as “gold ornaments.”

*** w84 10/1 p. 13 par. 14 Why We Must Be No Part of This World ***
    “The showy display of one’s means of life” must also be avoided by Jehovah’s servants. How tempting it can be to show off costly acquisitions! Such wrong desire often leads not only to trying to keep up with others but also to striving to get far ahead of them materially. ... At the root of all this status-seeking and showy display is sinful pride. (Proverbs 8:13; 16:18; 21:4) Surely, then, we must resist the temptation to flaunt our acquisitions and supposed attainments.

• oppostate
    oppostate

This pic is making the rounds at fb. Funny thing is many JW's are like-thumbing it. ???

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I agree Splash it is " a big deal" but I can't help being filled with mixed emotions on this.

Why?

Because i own 2 expensive watches, and as a witness I wore them. It never came up as a big deal, and ummmmmmm if it did I would answer truthfully one was an inheritance the other I bought from money my Great Aunt left me, because I wanted something always to remember her by.

Maybe I am missing the point, but my issue with the G.B has nothing to do with what suits, ties or watches they wear. I guess I am naive on this matter. But I am glad this issue has become " a big deal" for many as it seems to be opening closed eyes.

Having said that on another post today I wrote:-

" When the G.B appear on their own T.V evangelising show:-

a) The witness persona of the G.B is less mystical and the G.B can be seen for who they are.

b) The witness can clearly see who comes up with the shit they believe.

The Rebel.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Back in the early 1990's I heard a talk by our CO that told an experience that went more or less like this:

In a certain congregation in a poor neighborhood a brother who owned a manufacturing business bought a very expensive car. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, said the CO, except the brothers at the congregation were uncomfortable with that display of "materialism". So what did the good brother do? In order not to stumble his brethren, he sold the expensive car, and instead bought a much more humble, small, second-hand car. That way, the peace of the congregation was preserved and no one had any more cause to stumble.

Boy, are we removed from those days, aren't we?

Eden

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    When this thread reaches 100 posts, Geoffrey will be forced to keep his ostentatious wrist watch on his night stand for a few months until it is forgotten.
  • avaddohn94
    avaddohn94
    If what Calebs Airplane says it's true. Well, here you have my contribution to force Geoffrey to keep his Apple Watch on his night stand for a while!
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Assuming an affluent congo in the US contributes $1,400 per month for an entire year towards the Worldwide Work, that comes to $16,800 for the year. In order for Geoffrey Jackson to own this status symbol intended for today's arrogant techy snobs, he would have to completely fleece this congo which is probably what he did with no hesitation whatsoever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit