STOP Talking to Your Family OR ELSE!

by UnDisfellowshipped 76 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...When some regretted that the 2 planes didn't miss the WTC on 9-11 and hit Bethel instead, JW's had a fit. Yet, nicer people died that day in the WTC than would have died at Bethel. ....... And why not? [have the planes hit Watchtower headquarters instead of the Twin Towers...] Is it not exactly what the WT is saying about not being able to say all opposers killed? So why can't I hope a huge earthquake [or Muslim plane strike...] kills them all?? ..."

I must say...

That exact same thought occurred to me, on 9/11/2001...

• BU2B
    BU2B

mentally and emotionally barbaric isnt it?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Or else the big Spaghetti Monster, flying in mid-heaven is going to blow down on you, death defining garlic Marinara sauce breath???

Oh... I am so scared. NOT.

How could I have ever been in the same room with such minute, controlling, judgmental, abusive, cruel, unloving people???

Oh yeah. Reminds me of being with my mother.

LL

• losingit
    losingit

Marked! I know I'm going to need this later.

• Listener
    Listener

"We must hate (the Disfellowshipped person) in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme active aversion, to consider (the Disfellowshipped person) as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." (The Watchtower October 1st 1952 Issue, Page 599)"simply professing to have such beliefs [in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ] would not authorize one to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

This statement is even worse than calling apostates mentally diseased. This is certainly a display of the most unchristian behaviour possible.

In the example of the disfellowshipped mother's son and daughter who phoned her after obeying the shunning command given at an assembly, they emphasized that they still loved her. They can't help themselves in giving out mixed messages.

"Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. What do such beliefs include?"

"That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28) That there is a "faithful and discreet slave" upon earth today 'entrusted with all of Jesus' earthly interests,' which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47) That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ's foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15-12:10) That only 144,000 Christians will receive the heavenly reward. (Revelation 14:1, 3) That Armageddon, referring to the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is near. (Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) That it will be followed by Christ's Millennial Reign, which will restore an earth-wide paradise. That the first to enjoy it will be the present "great crowd" of Jesus' "other sheep."-John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-17; 21:3, 4."The Watchtower April 1st 1986 Issue, Pages 30-31)

I've seen the first part of this quote a number of times but not the rest of it. It's funny to see all these ideas, unique to JWs as being necessary to believe. They really believe that this is a requirement to be considered a true christian by Jesus Christ. Their use of the term 'true teachings of the Bible' is so dishonest.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

We must hate (the Disfellowshipped person) in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme active aversion, to consider (the Disfellowshipped person) as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." (The Watchtower October 1st 1952 Issue, Page 599)
    ------------------------------------

"In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?"

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS."

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws."

"The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

This is truly disturbing. Even though it is from the older magazines, this is the foundation of the current doctrine.

How many 8-year-olds will be baptized this summer, only to be subjected to this nasty disfellowshipping when their brains start to work independently of mom and dad?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

marked. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit