STOP Talking to Your Family OR ELSE!

by UnDisfellowshipped 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

They suck.

I know that most people do not know about the shunning/disfellowshipping policy of JW's. My husband recently had a conversation with some family members we haven't seen in awhile, and told them of this. They were horrified! Maybe this information should be printed up and exposed to the unsuspecting householder who could be the next victim.

Mrs. Shakita

• happyout
    happyout

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine." Oh DARN, it would have been so much easier to just kill the rebellious apostates! "The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship." Because, those are the ones we would most want to kill for leaving OUR faith, right?? I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY PRINT THIS CRAP, AND RETAIN THEIR BELIEVERS!!! If I showed this to my family, they would go on and on about how it is God's word, and how important it is to keep Jehovah's organization clean, but they think it's so terrible when Muslim countries kill their women for immoral bahaviour. This is great research, and thank you for taking so much time to print it, but now I'm going to be PISSED OFF ALL DAY!!!!!

• starfish422
    starfish422
    "In another case, Laurie's parents were disfellowshipped. Yet she says: 'My association with them never stopped but increased. As time went on, I became more and more inactive. I got to the point of not even attending [Jehovah's Witnesses] meetings.' Then she read material in The Watchtower of September 1 and 15, 1981, that stressed the counsel of 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 and 2 John 9-11. "It was as if a light bulb were turned on in me," she writes. 'I knew I would have to make some changes. I now better understand the meaning of Matthew 10:34-36. My decision was not an easy one for my family to swallow, for my son, five, is the only boy, and they love him dearly.' It is hoped that losing such association will touch the parents' hearts, as it did Margaret's."

"What may seem harsh to outsiders is both necessary and really a loving thing to do."

SIGH. Reading things like this is difficult as it brings back many memories of what I used to think when I read it while in the Borg. We truly thought we were doing the right thing, because the brothers told us to!! It breaks my heart now to think of how I treated my disfellowshipped aunt. When I saw her, she would say hello, and I would simply return the greeting and walk away. We thought we were giving her "tough love". Who was I to act like such a little snot??

:( I hope that when I die, if some afterlife does indeed await, it will be kind to me in spite of the fact that I was once a JW.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ugg}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hang in there. By the way congratulations to you for being "Jedi".

Undf'd, have you been shunned today?

• metatron
    metatron

EVERYBODY PRINT OUT THIS POSTING AND FILE IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This information is important and needs to be shared with the media and legal authorities everywhere. Jehovah's Witnesses need to be exposed as the family wreckers and liars they are.
    If this receives enough exposure, it will have a strong effect on Watchtower interests.

metatron

• LDH
    LDH

I was having a pretty good fucking day until I read this steaming pile of horse shit.

I am so pissed off right now.

(Great job on the research.)

Lisa

Logging off now, Class

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Met,

I have personally sent scaned copies of the August 2002 OKM to Laurie Goodstein at the Times and Julie Scelifo at Newsweek and a number of Canadian reporters that dealt with the Vicki Boer trial.

They know all about it. But as new reporters come into this mess I find I need to show them documents similar to this.

hawk

• moman
    moman

Bastards!

• cbew
    cbew

This latest counsel is more signs of a desperate organization trying to impose more controls on dissenters. One really wonders whether this mother got reinstated because she really believes the WTS or because she desired to restore family relations. While serving as an elder I knew of many that came back just for that reason and not because they really desired to be good JWs again. Any thinking person can see this for what it really is - emotional blackmail. Hopefully many still in will wake up and see the ugly truth behind this lastest tactic.

• riz
    riz
    I was having a pretty good fucking day until I read this steaming pile of horse shit.

Lisa, that's an insult to steaming piles of horse shit.

The watchtower society is truly a pathetic excuse for a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit