STOP Talking to Your Family OR ELSE!

by UnDisfellowshipped 76 Replies latest jw friends

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

I was "dissfellowshipped" at first it hurt really bad. then i thought about it

I believe in Jesus christ. i believe he died for our sins.

christ blood covers our sins and no man can judge me. nor can a man add or take away

from that. Disfellowshipping is antichrist. Christ was merciful and kind. I know for a fact

Jesus would not have treated me that way. And no man nor slave class is above Christ

one of our members here wrote in a previous post

"Feelings of neglect often are the first phase of a person's true spritual awakening" -Aude

• Oceanblue
    Oceanblue

Thank you! I feel so much better after sharing my story, especially since I have nobody to talk to so candidly. Knowing that others have been where I am now and the fact that they have gone on to have rewarding lives makes me feel very hopeful that I can also go on to have a rerarding life to of my own too. I am making plans for my future, planning to do things I thought I would never get to do because I was always peparing for the Paradise earth that was always "just around the corner". I know that my life won't always be that great, but I feel like I've already been through hell!

I'm glad so many people are starting to wake up and see the Watchtower for what it really is. This thread should really make anyone with an open mind stop and think like Leprechaun said. Once you take the time to piece together the nonsense they've printed over the years, who would bother to listen to them anymore? I've always found it strange that the Watchtower Library CD doesn't have anything before 1950. Now I know why.

Off to turn in some job applications.

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

That is horrific seeing all that hate and venom detailed like that.

The continual push in the JW literature to hate people and quoting Psalm 139:21 & 22 about David hating, puzzles me. He was a man of war and not allowed to build the temple. I do not want to hate like that.

I can not imagine Jesus saying that. In fact I have never found one single reference in the Greek scriptures to Jehovah hating a person, only to hating evil acts.

I guess that as I have never hated anyone who has been disfellowshipped then I have never really been a true JW in all the 40 years I have carried that name. I've just been trying to love people!!!!!!!!!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

For them, there is no distinction between someone who " pursues and persists in sin" and someone who just simply doesn't agree with their doctrines.

Just because you don't agree with their teachings, it doesn't mean you are an immoral person.

That's what pisses me off. They clearly are saying, "If you don't completely agree and go along with us, you are a sinner and deserving of destruction."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome , Ocean Blue !

I am so sorry to have read your story , and I do hope that you can get things together in your life now that you have made the big realization that "The Truth" is not truth at all...

You moving account of your reinstatement hearing makes me think back to the days when I sat on such committees. Believe me, they have no idea of the the emotion and heartache that the victims really experience. It sound like the one who came after you had wanted to reinstate you, but was overruled by the others. If you are the one in minority, there is nothing you can do. and have to present a united front with the others even though you know it is wrong..

All that is behind me now I hope that I hurt nobody as they have hurt you...But good luck for the future and keep posting..

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

i'm afraid I couldn't face reading all of this post, though I appreciate it being sent. It's just that it is such a sickening, nauseating, aand depressing message from the WTBTS to Jehovah's Witnesses. The Watchtower organization is not normal. It is unnatural to harbor such hateful, unkind thoughts and feelings toward disfellowshipped people. I could only read so much of this post and no more. What horrible teachings the WTBTS passes on to the elders to teach the poor "rank and file"! It's inexcusable, so cold and callous. The "Governing Body" comes across as so indifferent to the sufferings of those they assume power over. This authority is not real. It is just so-called authority. I just want everybody to get out of this sham of a religion!! I care so much about the people. It is just that their "religion" is sick!

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

To a neutral non-Witness its a chilling piece of emotional blackmail - to many Witnesses its sound counsel from the Slave.

NO truer words have been said! No matter how you flip it - it's nothing more then blackmail, messing with people's feelings and tugging on their heart strings.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Of all the perverted and mentally deranged things I've seen the WT say, their lament about not being able to kill non-believers is the worst. What about the verse to love your enemy? What about "how you judge others will be done to you"? What if they end up being wrong and on Judgment Day, THEY are on their knees, needing clean underwear, and begging for their miserable worthless lives?

Many of US could make the same complaint. How about those of us whose children were molested by known pedophiles? I've had JW ELDERS as well as cops tell me that if their child was molested, they'd kill the pervert even if they went to jail for it for life.

In Florida, guns are common. I can sit here and write, "God damn it, I wish it was 150 years ago and I was here or out West and found my child was molested. I'm going to shoot the animal who did that to her." I wonder how the WT would like that? When some regretted that the 2 planes didn't miss the WTC on 9-11 and hit Bethel instead, JW's had a fit. Yet, nicer people died that day in the WTC than would have died at Bethel. I watched those towers burn in person. Where do you think I'd have preferred they hit?? And why not? Is it not exactly what the WT is saying about not being able to say all opposers killed? So why can't I hope a huge earthquake kills them all??

To JW lurkers. YOU DO NOT OWN THE EARTH. YOU DON'T OWN THE UNIVERSE. YOUR GOD IS INSANE IF HE'S USING THE WT TO DO HIS WORK. I'd rather die than serve your god IF he is exactly like you say he is. And I sure as hell don't want to live forever with you jackasses.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Hi, Oceanblue, I am so glad you are out of that horrible sham of a religion! You are much better off now. And see, you have so-called "worldly" friends who really and truly care about you and who check on you. Their love for you is totally unconditional. They are truer friends than your JW friends were! Also, you are young yet, so you can achieve your potential and accomplish so much! I think your no longer being a Jehovah's Witness is the best thing that ever happened to you!! Please keep coming back here and corresponding with us, and please continue your journey of self-discovery. Explore who you are! And enjoy getting to know yourself! I am so glad that you are happy now that you are totally aware that the "truth" of the Jehovah's Witnesses is not really the truth at all! It's one big fallacy with a few facts thrown in to confuse people into believing this "religion" is true. Well, hogwash!

• Mary
    Mary

Hi Oceanblue.....Welcome to the board! You'll find that your experience is not (unfortunately) unique. Many people on here have been shunned by their family members who are Witnesses. It is a totally sick, warped doctrine that is not found in the scriptures, but, as has already been mentioned, it's emotional blackmail at it's best. Or worst.

I am making plans for my future, planning to do things I thought I would never get to do because I was always peparing for the Paradise earth that was always "just around the corner".

This is the smartest thing you can do. Since most Witnesses never "make plans for their future", you'll be one step ahead of them in the years to come. If you plan on going to college or university, you'll find that it'll help enormously with your self-esteem, since this religion seems to suck all the self-esteem we have, right out from underneath us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit