STOP Talking to Your Family OR ELSE!

by UnDisfellowshipped 76 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Metatron made an excellent suggestion on page one:

PRINT OUT ALL THESE QUOTES AND SAVE THEM

Again, as Hawk said that Farkel said: The WT's own printed words will destroy them.

One can only hope work towards that goal.

Thanks to whoever brought this thread up .... wonderful info for us.....and all our New JW (and x) friends here.

waiting

• shamus
    shamus

What a wonderful post! Simply incredible!

• Special K
    Special K

Thanks for noting that DANSK...

Such hypocrisy.

sincerely

Special K

• exjdub
    exjdub

Undisfellowshipped:

Great work! It makes my blood boil, but it is necesarry information. Thanks.

Cruzanheart:

I detected a definite note of regret in one of those quotes that we don't still live in the days when people were stoned to death for various offences. Such nice people.

I got the exact same read: "What a shame we can't kill them like in the old days." How did I ever stay in such a twisted religion for so long? That makes me madder than the actual things they say sometimes. Oh well...I am out and free now.

exjdub

• exjdub
    exjdub
    "We must hate (the Disfellowshipped person) in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme active aversion, to consider (the Disfellowshipped person) as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." (The Watchtower October 1st 1952 Issue, Page 599)

Down you dirty, filthy, loathsome dogs and lick the excrement from the Society's boot! Debase yourself and return to the loving arrangement that has been prepared for you! Good Lord...who could ever write a reinstatement letter after reading that?

exjdub

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    "The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship."

Normal people have love and affection for family members, but the wording here makes it sound as though they think killing a family member is some kind of right or obligation! These cultists are completely warped.

Reading over the thread makes me wonder how they get away with it legally. If I started spewing that kind of shit in my workplace I would be fired at the very least. More likely I would be facing criminal charges or a civil suit for inciting hatred.

Walter

• jen_h
    jen_h

I just saw this message you wrote about emotional blackmail, I like the way you put that. I'm just looking for answers right now, I could use your advice since you used to be an elder. I have been disfellowshipped for about 7 years and my family always spoke to me. Recently my parents when to a convention and it was here the elders enfored not speaking with even disfellowshipped FAMILY. So now my parents stopped speaking to me and they are treating me like absolute dirt. I wrote my mom a letter about how I think this is wrong and I don't think it's godly the way the witnesses set their rules. What do I do?? I don't know what else to do or say to them. I am just emotionally distressed, I need advice. [email protected]

• gladdy
    gladdy

Wow, that was quite a thread ! How totally Unchristian and I sense some STRONG emotions from everyone. dahhhhhhhhh!! It is very sad, some or most familys have been through an awful lot with the ins and outs of this cult. Jesus was kind and caring and loving and didnt know the meaning of shunning. It is hard to imagine how this cult has grown over the many years, you would think it would shrivel and die. That day is not far off, hopefully all this will come out in the news especially with Oprah coming on strong about pediphiles. The grief many good people have endured because of this shunning, do ya think alot of them took their own lives? The pain must have been great. Some of the discriptions in the directions from the wt towards shunning made me nauseous.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hi jen_h,

Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond to you as I don't go on the site that much lately. I had to reread my original post as it was almost 3 years since I posted to it and couldn't remember what you were referring to.

As far as what you could do if your family shuns you, is not much unless you are prepared to not be true to yourself and grovel to the elders to let you back in the fold. I have found it does vary from congregation to congregation and elder to elder to how far they take their shunning policy. Seems like the WT society has taken steps in the last few years to re-enforce the shunning policy to family members. I have no problem with them enforcing the shunning policy on congregation members as it is a "closed club" per say and they have every right restricting members who do not abide by their set rules. However I have difficulty with the society enforcing it on the rank and file JW own blood and flesh family member. I do not think this is a "Christian" act, although I am very disenchanted with all religion and don't profess to following any religious teachings. Morally speaking I feel I am more "Christian" than 99% of the hypocritical Christians out there. Don't you think that is more important than whether a person is one in name only?

Well I really wish you well and I am always here for moral support. I really don't know what other advise to give you as you are playing by someone else's rules and unless you are willing to play by those rules there is not much you can do. I say to empower yourself and be happy with who you are regardless of what anyone including the JW's may think. I am sure you are a good person and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Just remember JW's make up only .01% of the world's population and I have found there are good and bad people in both the JW and non JW people. Look at all those potential friendships you could develop outside of the JW organization? True friendships that are not conditional on whether you believe the same way they think. Think about it...

All the best,

Will

• David Carter
    David Carter

Lisa, Don't feel as though you're alone when it comes to being pissed of at The Watchtower Society! You would not believe the anger I have or how often I explode to headquarters on the phone! But you know what? I pissed them off too! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit