News from Bill Bowen!

by UnDisfellowshipped 87 Replies latest jw friends

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

UnDisfellowshipped said:

"Bill has stated that he has "advisors" who have "been with him since the beginning".So, I don't think he is controlling everything all by himself."

But there is a lot of difference between "advisors" and a Board of Directors.

With "advisors", Bill is free to take the advice or leave it. Nothing is binding. BB controls everything.

But with a Board of Directors, THEY are the ones making the decisions, and BB is just one of their "advisors". He "controls" nothing.

NewLight2

Edited by - NewLight2 on 3 January 2003 1:39:35

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Is there not some way the great minds on this board could work together in behalf of the survivors of abused?

That would certainly seem like a great plan to me. As I have mentioned, LambsRoar is looking to put a Board of Directors together. As we were talking about in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43734&site=3

we have some good things happening, and I am certainly willing to put LambsRoar out there for the needs of the Abuse Survivors, since that's exactly who this is for. We're certainly not looking to take the place of silentlambs, but rather to compliment the effort. Anyone interested in working together on this project, please email me. As I've said from the beginning, we are Abuse Survivors FOR Abuse Survivors, and sometimes you have to take steps to 'help yourself', and that's exactly what we're doing. We do support the silentlambs cause, but there's only so much one organization can do. Sometimes resources must be spread out slightly without spreading too thin. And as always, we're interested in the comments and suggestions of the Lambs. This project is ours and ours alone, and we will grow according to our own needs. Sorry Simon, this is starting to sound like a commercial so I'll leave it at that :)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

UnDisfellowshipped, that link contains exactly non of the information I requested, he's still dancing around the subject. What exactly is Guidestar? I suggest you look here, and see if you can find silentlambs.

http://www.law.state.ky.us/cp/charpfps.htm

Not listed on they're site.

http://www.law.state.ky.us/cp/chtips.htm#Top

DECEPTIVE PRACTICES

Some charitable solicitations send messages or "red flags" which might lead a person to question whether this is an organization worthy of support or even whether it really is a charity:

• Did the organization refuse to send you written material or financial information?
    • Did the person soliciting offer to send a courier to collect your contribution?
    • Did the charity send you an invoice or statement which indicates a payment due for a contribution you never pledged?
    • Does the organization's name and logo closely resemble another charity with a similar charitable purpose?

If the solicitor claims to be raising funds on behalf of a local charity, contact the charity yourself to verify that it is conducting a fundraising event. It is not uncommon for fraudulent solicitors to falsely associate themselves with local charities just to collect money and leave town.

• Englishman
    Englishman

TH,

Just a point there regarding your pasted section, a "solicitor" means "lawyer" in the UK, I hope no-one over here gets the wrong end of what you are saying.

Regards,

Englishman.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Trauma,

Thanks for explaining the situation better.

You know, I don't even know if Bill wanted to post this in reply to your questions or someone else's questions.

I assumed he was replying to yours, that's why I quoted your questions when I posted the Guidestar info.

You asked what Guidestar is, and that is a good question. I didn't know what they were either, but I just checked their Homepage, and it says that Guidestar is a "The National Database of all Nonprofit Organizations".

http://www.guidestar.org/

To clarify this a little more, here is the message that Bill gave me along with the Guidestar information:

"Some on JWD are trying to say s[ilent]l[ambs] is not a 501c3 charity, if you feel comfortable with doing so you might post this.

Thanks,

bill"

So, I may have made a mistake -- Bill might not have even been replying to your questions Trauma.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Undf and I think along the same lines... ;-) The home page of Guidestar does tell more of what it's about, for whoever wants to read the entire page: http://www.guidestar.org/
    This little clip is posted at the bottom of the site: GuideStar is the registered trademark and operating name of Philanthropic Research, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
    -------------------------------------------------

And their disclaimer page tells where they get their info... here's just a SMALL portion of their entire disclaimer:

Accuracy Disclaimerhttp://www.guidestar.org/disclaimer.stm
    GuideStar does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, quality, completeness, currency, or validity of any information on its Web site or linked from the site. All information contained on this Web site has been obtained from sources believed by GuideStar to be accurate and reliable. The descriptive information is derived from IRS Forms 990 and Forms 990EZ filed by the nonprofit organizations or their voluntary responses to a GuideStar questionnaire. The financial data are taken from the IRS Business Master File, the IRS Forms 990, Forms 990EZ, or information provided to GuideStar by organizations that are not required to file returns with the IRS. The classified ads, press releases, and newsletters are also provided by the organizations. GuideStar does not edit or control the financial information it receives, although it may note obvious mathematical errors that have been discovered.

And, for anyone who wants to read a boring government website about the 990 or 990-EZ tax forms, here's the IRS page for Charities & Non Profits: http://www.irs.gov/charities/index.html

And, SILENTLAMBS, INC. is listed at the State of Kentucky's Secretary of State website, FWIW... (My Dad created a zillion "corporations" in his lifetime, and my Mom was usually the secretary or the treasurer, lol! And when working for attorneys we always had to call the State's Department of Corporations to get the registered agent name/addy for suit papers, etc. for various businesses. Now most of these state sites are on the web, public info. Some states call it the "Department of Corporations," and in other states you can find similar info at the Secretary of State's website. They have the info on businesses, corporations, partnerships, fictitious names, etc. It comes in handy sometimes.

Anyway, there's nothing new here that most of us didn't already know... but it shows SL is listed with the State of Kentucky, if that's any consolation.

Kentucky Secretary of State Website:http://www.kysos.com/corporate2/entityname.asp

Friday, January 03, 2003

Online Business Database
    Welcome! You can find information on corporation status, registered agent and address, initial directors, current officers, date of incorporation, address of principal office, activity history for the business and any assumed names on this page.

The database is automatically updated, so there is no delay in the information available on-line.

Searches may be performed by keying the entire business name or a portion of the business name. Example: BLUE will display Blue Bird, Inc.; Bluegrass; etc. A minimum of four characters must be entered. Click here for additional search tips. We hope you find this service helpful and we welcome your feedback.

After entering the name pattern, click on Search or hit the Enter key to perform the search.

Officers listed are limited to the president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer.

Enter Name pattern:
    SILENTLAMBS, INC.

Search Reset
    For inquiries or additional assistance please contact:
    Office of the Secretary of State
    John Y. Brown III
    Secretary of State
    Capitol Building, Suite 154
    700 Capitol Avenue
    Frankfort, Ky. 40601
    Mailing address for document filings and record requests:
    John Y. Brown III
    Secretary of State
    P.O. Box 718
    Frankfort, Ky. 40601-0718

Office hours
    8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Monday through Friday

Business Filings (502) 564-2848
    Business Records (502) 564-7330
    Apostilles & Authentications (502) 564-7330

Fax number: (502) 564-4075

Liability Statement
    While the Kentucky Secretary of State's Office makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information contained on its website, it makes no representation or warranty as to the correctness of the information. All critical information should be independently verified.

If you have questions or comments, please contact: [email protected]
    700 Capital Avenue Suite 152, State Capitol Frankfort, KY 40601
    Office:(502) 564-3490
    Fax:(502) 564-5687
    privacy/security policy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SEARCH RESULT for SILENTLAMBS, INC.:http://www.kysos.com/corporate2/EntityNameResults.asp

John Y. Brown III
    "Making Kentucky Business-Friendly and Government User-Friendly."
    Home | Another Search

Name Query Results

Page 1

Company Name Organization Number Status Type
    SILENTLAMBS, INC. 0515853 Active KCO

Another Query
    privacy/security policy

WHEN YOU CLICK ON "SILENTLAMBS, INC." or on the ORGANIZATION NUMBER, it takes you to this page:
    http://www.kysos.com/corporate2/showenti.asp?id=0515853&seq=99999&ctype=09

Organization Number 0515853
    Company Name SILENTLAMBS, INC.
    Status Active
    Profit/NonProfit Non-profit
    Standing Good

State KY
    Company Type KCO
    Country
    Date Agent Resigned
    File Date 5/15/2001
    Incorp. Date 5/15/2001
    Authority Date
    Exp. Date
    Last Annual Report 6/27/2002
    Agent Name WILLIAM H. BOWEN
    Agent Addr 2420 HIGHWAY 68 WEST BENTON, KY 42025
    Prin.Office Addr 2420 HIGHWAY 68 WEST BENTON, KY 42025
    Authorized Shares 0000000000
    Preferred No Par Preferred Par
    Common No Par Common Par

Initial Directors / Incorporators
    WILLIAM H. BOWEN INCORPORATOR
    WILLIAM H. BOWEN INITIAL DIRECTOR
    SHEILA ANN BOWEN INITIAL DIRECTOR
    L. RUSH HUNT INITIAL DIRECTOR
    Current Officers
    William H Bowen Director
    Rush Hunt Director
    Rush Hunt Secretary
    Sheila A Bowen Director

Another Query Activity History List Assumed Names

privacy/security policy

WHEN YOU CLICK ON "COMPANY TYPE = KCO," it takes you to this page to show what KCO stands for:http://www.kysos.com/corporate2/types.asp

KCO - KENTUCKY CORPORATION

I would guess "initial directors/incorporators" is as close as you're going to get to a BoD for now, if Rush Hunt (attorney) is even still in the picture...

SL is evidently a nationally registered charity, not a state charity. Here's my humble suggestion: make a formal request to SL by mail, send along a stamped, self-addressed envelope and I'm sure silentlambs would provide whatever info anyone wants.

One last thought: About 2 or 3 weeks ago in an email from my ISP, they listed a "favorite website" and it was called "Network for Good" all about charity orgs, etc., so I went to check out their volunteer section, and saw that SL is listed with them as well on their "donate" page.

http://www.networkforgood.org/

Click on the DONATE link on any page, then type in silentlambs in the "organization search" option, and it will give you this info:

Home>Donate>Search for a Charity

Search Results | New Search

Your Options: DONATE NOW ADD TO WISH LIST

SILENTLAMBS INC
    2420 HWY 68 W
    BENTON, KY 42025

Summary
    Programs/Activities
    Child Abuse, Prevention of (Crime and Legal Related)

EIN: 61-1391127
    Ruling Year: 2001

Note to the Organization: Find out how to add to and update this information.

Any resale of this information or use for commercial gain is prohibited, except in accordance with a GuideStar licensing agreement.

Copyright 2002 Network for Good.
    Hope this helps!

Edited to fix the bold.

Also, what's wrong with THIS website? All evening the pages are a mile long SIDEWAYS--->--->--->----->----->-----> have to scroll forever over to the SIDE.....

Edited by - Grits on 3 January 2003 5:4:38

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sure there is nothing untoward with Silentlambs

For one thing, the WTS would have dug anything like that up and used it in answer to many of the media programmes to discredit him / them.

I can understand Bill not replying to some questions depending on how they were put.

• abbagail
    abbagail

I'm all for RevMalk and the forum, and he knows it, and Bill knows it, too.
    And I was just going to add a PS to my post, but Simon beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing: Since Bill practically eggs & begs the WTS to come after him, I feel sure he has done everything legit from the get go.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

IMO Bill Bowen was not making an issue of Ray Franz, but of policy he is believed to have penned. Asking not, why did Ray Franz pen this policy? But why is the WTS still employing such a policy? Since this apostate penned it (Org. Book) and other books that were written by apostates, such as "The Book of James". Did they not stop distributing materials by the same authors when disfellowshipped/disassociated? Why not stop using their believed ideals as well?

Bill did not direct those comments to this board, but to the Governing Body of the WTS. Several comments/questions paraphrased are "Why is he wasting his time by writing to them? This will accomplish nothing." "How dare he show his ballsy attitude by writing to the Governing Body?" "Who does he think he is helping with this attitude?"

Some questions that I have asked myself:

How does anyone know how letters such as these will or wont affect the Governing Body in some way we are not aware of? How do we know what is done with such a letter?

How does one know that there may not be other reasons for sending the letters he does to the Governing Body?

Perhaps there are reasons we may be unaware of. Such as record keeping, establishing a timeline and or caveat (to be used at a later date) for those that continue to employ tactics that allow child molesters to live in a virtual playground. Perhaps the big picture is not clear to all of us for unmentioned reasons.

I do not agree with all of Bill Bowens ways or devices. The same way I do not agree with everyone that I meet in general or those who may be a little more prominent in our lives as ex-jws. The attitude I see of some regarding forerunners/pioneers/those in the limelight reminds me of a tabloid magazine. Whatever someone does in the eyes of those type magazines are picked apart, scrutinized and shredded unmercifully.

They are human just as the rest of us are and none of us will ever be perfect. I do agree with those who say Bill Bowen should have more assistance and or advisor(s) for I know unwitting mistakes have been made. Errors that have thwarted other causes, time and effort put into development(s) of a different nature. I believe he needs to be more receptive to those offering assistance and sound advice. But to constantly belittle and harp on him will accomplish nothing IMO.

I do know it was Bill Bowens "ballsy" nature that got the word out and into the limelight. It was his personality and "ballsyness" that allowed child molestation in the organization to become conversed of worldwide. He gave up a lifestyle, friends and family to speak on the behalf of total strangers. Others have done given up much, such as the Andersons and Pandellos. Their knowledge on the matter made this known collectively in a short period of time.

Then there are those such as Ray Franz, Kent Steinberg, Alan Feuerbacher, Jan Haugland, Doug Checketts, Jim Whitney, Jan Groenveld, Simon Green, Hillary Step, Doug (freepeace), Randy Watters and Just2laws, to name several. They have put countless time, effort, and money, (IOW, "blood, sweat and tears") into assuring we were made available, the truth about the "truth" and forums to speak upon what we have found. Just about all to include Bill Bowen have been disagreed with, hammered, libeled and mocked incessantly. But they continued in their work by helping others leave exposing the lies and false doctrine of the WTS.

Some of them founded websites such as AJWRB, Freeminds and The Observer, which offer so much information to so many. They have offered assistance; have made stunning revelations and unveiled information, which show the lies and manipulations of the WTBTS. These men and the women and those who stand behind them as wives and husbands are to be applauded for their selflessness and help to the thousands over the years. I believe some tend to forget Bill Bowens wife, Shelia. She stands behind him and his cause. I wonder how much one hurts her as the name-calling and nastiness continues. How much of this constant bashing is truly necessary? Could this be taken to a private level?

When one of the aforementioned "forerunners/pioneers/those in the limelight" in their particular area wrote/writes or voices an opinion other then our own, many have questioned them. But to harp on, until blood is drawn, is this truly necessary? When one disagrees, or comes off with, as some call a superior attitude does that make the information they present(ed) any less important or useful? Do they all deserve to be under the "magnifying glass of life" every second of every day because they may be in the limelight?

Some of these "founders" pressed and advanced and gave many a voice and freedom, many likely would be silent now, still in, or looking for answers until someone with their nature and tenacity came along assuring we could find the real truth and move forward in our lives.

Bill Bowen gave silent survivors a channel to finally speak. He started a movement with his tenacity and "ballsy" attitude. This proved to be quite productive in having the media cover the stories, as well as having lawyers stand up take notice, acquire and set aside funds to take on these cases. Therefore bringing these deviant crimes into the limelight and no longer, as the WTS would have it, hidden, uncensored and undisclosed.

Because one presents an idea, which we profoundly disagree with, should we forget what has been accomplished, forget their original message/ideas and the meaning behind it? I wish we as ex-jws could work in a cohesive manner to assure errors are not made and the "real truth" is made available to all.

Until that time I wonder again, when one makes a error (unwitting or otherwise), presents an idea we detest, has what some call a superior attitude does that make the information they present(ed) any less important or useful? Do they deserve to be under the "magnifying glass of life" every second of every day because they are in the limelight or because they differ with other who are of public interest?

Cassi of the long-winded class, today

edit-formatting

Edited by - cassiline on 3 January 2003 11:2:11

• Simon
    Simon

An excellent and insightful post Kick Ass, erm ... I mean Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit