How do I know the Bible is True?

by SwedishChef 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Stan Conroy,
    I heartily agree with you. There is no use in wasting my time trying to convince people of the truth when they don't want it. I'm not going to convince them, and they are certainly not going to move me.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

The Chef's last address:

Although there is evidence supporting the Bible, there also is, apparently, "evidence" that does not support it. But the fact is, without faith it is impossible to please God. The Bible so clearly states that in order to get into the deeper truths and theologies of the Bible, the person must first be saved. This step cannot be missed. I pray that someone here may realize their state and come to Jesus Christ for salvation.
    But evidence is not the basis of my beliefs. It may strengthen or reaffirm them, but it is not the basis. The truth is, if you are looking for scientific facts to prove to yourself beyond doubt that the Bible is real, then you've already missed the point. The Bible is a book about faith.
    I am not posting here for my own edification. I already know the truth. There is nothing that will deter me from it. I know Jesus Christ is real, and living. He is seated at the right hand of the Father and also personally indwells my heart. He will personally indwell anyone who calls upon his name.
    But for scoffers and high-minded individuals, this simple truth has gone over their heads. The Bible itself says that God despises the proud and exalts the humble. The Lord responds and speaks to the heart of the humble person who is honestly and earnestly searching the Scriptures.
    Those who spend their time picking apart God's word, to them the truth is not shown. This is what my experience has taught me.
    Psalms 37:12,13 "The wicked plotteth against the righteous, and gnasheth his teeth against him. The Lord laugheth at him; for he seeth that his day is coming."
    Don't be a person that is in danger of the judgment. For your so-called intellect will not save you in that day. Your attempts to destroy the Bible and Christs followers only make the Lord laugh. He is not troubled a bit by anything you say. It is you who should be worried.
    But now is the day of salvation. This day we have an extraordinary opportunity. A day when Jesus Christ has swung open the door of mercy and is calling for sinners to come home. Will you hear him?

Edited by - SwedishChef on 5 January 2003 21:32:12

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I just thought I would add my own comments....

I personally know that the Bible is True. Can I "prove" that it is True to someone else? No.

In fact, only God can "prove" to someone that the Scriptures are True.

Here are some of the main reasons why I believe that the Bible is True:

* Jesus Christ -- When I read about Jesus Christ, inside of me something tells me that it is TRUE. I 100% absolutely completely believe in Jesus Christ and nothing can or will change this.

* If you read Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount, you can see that if everyone on Earth would follow Christ's teachings from that Sermon, there would be NO evil in the world. The Sermon on the Mount was so simple that children can understand it -- and yet, how many people really follow those teachings on Earth today? Not enough.

* There is no "God" that could possibly be better than Jesus Christ.

* Jesus Christ taught that you should love your neighbor the same amount that you love yourself -- and Jesus showed that your "neighbor" is any human being on Earth.

* Jesus Christ taught that you should love your enemies, love the people who persecute you, love the people who beat you and throw you in prison, love the people who kill you.

* Jesus Christ taught that whatever we want other people to do for us, that we should do that for the other people.

* Jesus Christ condemned hypocrites who took advantage of the poor ones and the small ones.

* Jesus Christ drove people away who were stealing from the poor and the disadvantaged ones.

* Jesus Christ spoke up for women and children, while at the time, the religious leaders did not even allow people to speak to or walk next to women in public.

* Jesus Christ did not simply preach these things to others, He set THE example with the way He lived His Life, and with the way He died.

* Jesus Christ said that the greatest love that anyone could ever show, would be to die for someone else -- and then Jesus followed through and died so that everyone who believes in Him will be saved.

If you don't agree with my beliefs, that's fine -- that is your RIGHT, and I 100% absolutely completely respect your RIGHT to believe whatever you want.

If you want to try and "prove" that the Bible is false, you are free to do so. However, to a person like me, who has been Born Again by the Holy Spirit, it will not matter what you "prove" about the Bible being false, I will still believe in Jesus Christ.

I will not call anyone names because of their beliefs and I will not belittle anyone because of their beliefs.

I will not try to "force" my beliefs on anyone, however, I do pray to God that you find the happiness, joy, peace, and love that is in Christ Jesus.

I love each and every one of you and I wish nothing but the best for all of you.

In Christ, UnDisfellowshipped

• donkey
    donkey
    There is no use in wasting my time trying to convince people of the truth when they don't want it

SC,

There is a clear distinction. Trying to convine people of truth requires evidence. You presented none.

On the other hand you clearly display a trueness to your beliefs and they mean a lot to you. If they help you to make it through life then that is wonderful and I would not want to change that for you.

All the best.
    Jack

• gumby
    gumby

On the other hand you clearly display a trueness to your beliefs and they mean a lot to you. If they help you to make it through life then that is wonderful and I would not want to change that for you.

All the best.
    Jack

I liked that...... if you don't mind me saying so and butting in. I feel the same way SC. To be happy and content is priceless. I admire your zeal SC.

Take care

Gumby

• dedalus
    dedalus

I personally know that the Bible is True. Can I "prove" that it is True to someone else? No.

The reason you cannot prove that it is true is because you do not know that it is true. You believe that it is true. There's more than a semantic difference here. Knowledge and belief are not interchangeable terms, and believers should get that through their heads. I like to think that, if I were a believer, I would never, ever use the word know to describe the way I regard my beliefs.

So why do believers so stubbornly claim to know what they can only believe? Because knowledge is more credible than belief. It comes at a higher intellectual price, too, which is why so many people prefer to simply believe what they'd like.

This point has been made already in this thread, but ignored, obviously.

Dedalus

Edited by - dedalus on 6 January 2003 10:13:36

• Realist
    Realist

UnDisfellowshipped,

do i agree with jesus' teachings? YES 100% ...they are great.

does that mean i believe jesus is God? NO...since there is no evidence suggesting that...and there were other who taught the same things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit