The Kingdom Halls are empty

by punkofnice 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

During the Royal Commission hearings, Angus Stewart made the following observation: “There are currently 817 congregations in Australia with over 68000 active members. Over the past 25 years, the active membership of the church in Australia has grown 29% from approximately 53000 members in 1990. In the same period, Australia’s population growth has been 38%."

So growth of the organization is not keeping up with the population growth.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DS - Yes. I beleive the growth of the cult is either similar to or less than the global growth rate.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

@Blondie, you say that Jesus' prophecy extends beyond the first century, I suggest that like all prophecy it simply was wrong, it was untrue... and Jesus' words are false.

@ Punky is it also prophetic if the number stagnate?

• steve2
    steve2
    In a separate thread, I showed that the growth rate of average numbers of Australian JW publishers in the past 10 years has been in single digits - I don't have the numbers at hand at present to be more specific, except to note a marked drop off in growth. Of course, the bigger the time frame - e.g. 1990 to 2015 - the bigger the percentage of growth. So, yes, the 2000s have seen a marked slowing down of growth.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

nana - Anything is true to a JW if it protects their leaders and belief system. False hope...is it better than no hope?

Steve2 - That's interesting. My Dad worked with stats and figures. He said a company can prove anything by spinning the figures in the right way.....hence one reason I don't trust the WBT$ figures all that much.

In today's society...what has theWBT$ really got to offer?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Attendance goes up when there's a "Peace Summit".
  • notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    From my own observations in KH in north America and the uk that I visited they are filled with the same kind of people. Their is a growing trend of poor meeting attendance. In the KH here in the uk you could come in sit and leave after the meeting and no one would say hello. I encountered the same loveless response in north America. The modernised countries are the worst.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

caleb - Haha that was in the 1980's wasn't it?

notootb - I remember being the visiting speaker at some congregations(tm) a few years ago. No greeting. The drones were wondering if I was the speaker, a raflexadine salesman, someone they could count time with or an apostate(tm).......what must the BOE have been like?

• username
    username

When the economy finally breaks you can be sure that the attendance will rise again. The growth will be across the board though, not just Jehovah's Witnesses! Disaster is lucrative business for religion as a whole!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    username - If the economy breaks for the bad.....the watchtower corporation won't want any poor hangers on. they want the rich cash givers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit