The Kingdom Halls are empty

by punkofnice 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

One can only hope the seats are empty! We wonder the same thing (haven't attended in 2+ yrs.).

I wonder if the RC in Australia will have any impact on some leaving.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has applied the scriptures regarding the drying up of the waters to Babylon the Great not the WTS. They refer to Cyrus diverting the Euphrates so the soldiers could walk under the gates on the river.

Just like this scripture is applied to people/religions outside the WTS but is sometimes mistakenly applied by jws to the jws inside the WTS.

(Matthew 24:12) . . .and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

*** w84 10/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Do Jesus’ words that “the love of the greater number will cool off” mean that this will occur among true worshipers now?

With good reason we believe that Jesus was not foretelling a large-scale loss of love among Jehovah’s people.

The apostles had asked for ‘the sign of Jesus’ presence and of the conclusion of the system of things.’ Jesus foretold wars, earthquakes, food shortages and persecution of Christians. He added: “Because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.”—Matthew 24:3-12.

Much of that prophecy found a fulfillment between then (33 C.E.) and the great tribulation on Jerusalem that the Romans caused in 70 C.E. (Compare Luke 19:41-44; 21:5-28.) During that interval, did the love of most anointed Christians cool off? No. Those who fell away from Christianity during that generation evidently were in the minority. Most Christians experiencing persecution from the Jews kept up “declaring the good news of the word,” displaying love for God, for unbelievers and for fellow Christians. (Acts 8:1-25; 9:36-42) But love did cool off among the Jews, who claimed to be true worshipers. The greater number of them ignored Jesus’ warning, revolted against Rome and resorted to a violent defense of their nation.

Jesus’ prophecy extends beyond the first century and has its major fulfillment today. (Revelation 6:2-8) As with the Jews back then, people have less and less effective love. Millions have turned atheistic. Even in Christendom people tend to show less neighbor love, and church attendances and knowledge of the Bible generally are declining. Many who seem to be religious try to rectify human problems through political causes. So it apparently is among such claimed worshipers of God that love is cooling off.

True Christians, though, must not become complacent. Since some Christians in the first century lost their first love or were distracted from it by problems, we could find our love cooling off. (2 Timothy 2:16-19; Revelation 2:4) While, if that happened, we would be exceptions to most of Jehovah’s people, the fact that it could happen to us individually emphasizes our need to ‘endure to the end’ so as to be saved.—Matthew 24:13.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    ToesUp:
    I wonder if the RC in Australia will have any impact on some leaving.

It must even if minmal. Think abot those looking for a reason to leave or those who already had doubts, surely at least a handful were influenced? If not made them leave then at least planted the seeds of "opostate" thinking?

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    The congregation mum goes to is apparently bursting at the seams. However, I hear that this is the acception as most have very low attendance...
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

prolog - The CO visit is when the submarines surface...that and the memorial(tm)

iggy bliss - I wonder how many that attend do so because it's a 'captive religion'?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    punkofniceagoiggy bliss - I wonder how many that attend do so because it's a 'captive religion'?

A sizeable portion I would wager.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Punk

at my hall I'm guessing 1. Me. I don't think that many are awake At least not yet. I do think it's coming though. Death by 1000 cuts. I think the Borg is close to the tipping point.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Toes - I don't think the average JW will even notice or acknowledge the ARC. Those that leave because of it will already be on the edge. This is like SecretSlaveClass ahs observed as I read down the thread.

Blondie - Thanks for the info............where's your face gone?

Jaidub - That's the problem with meeting in a portaloo heh heh heh

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SSC - Iggy - Death by 1000 cuts or 1000 lawsuits. The ones that wake up seem to be the ones that have genuine love. The Kingdom Halls are bereft of genuine love........it's always been so fake in them.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Punk:

Yes indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit