Disfellowshipped for Being Raped!

by UnDisfellowshipped 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

3rd gen said:

Incidently, threatening a person to shut up about a crime is illegal in California. It is called Conspiracy to intimidate a witness.

Talk about an example where words are not just used metaphorically!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

ninja, I am glad you had positive experiences on this issue. I am also glad to hear some elders out there using common sense and trying to do the right thing.

However, your niveness based on your limited experience(is this first-hand experience by the way?) and your unfounded accusation toward the rape victims of the Watchtower Society and its elders is preposterous. I am glad my daughter is not reading your thoughtless comment. Only if you knew what these young victims had gone through! That very same attitude judged and revictimized 13, 14 year old innocent victims of rape. The elders closed their ears and hearts when they were approached for help. We thought they were shepherds. Didn't realize they were oppressive wolves that will not treat the flock with tenderness(Acts 20: 28).

You said, " A lot of people are putting in here is out of context and also in anger." Is that how you felt from the vocies of victims of serial rapist/pedophile of Jehovah's Witness elder in San Diago(court transcript is available on this site)? What about Candace Conti or numerous other victims? Were they all out of context in anger?

How was this even possible? He was a serial known(among elders) pedophile for more than decade and yet made all the way to a congregation servant position(same as Presiding Overseer). What would your father say?

Is it fare for me to say you sound like that of judging, self-righteous, lack of experienced elders?

You, as well as those elders, would change mind, once one of your/ their own become a victim of the Watchtower Society(not that I ever wish that to anyone). Lack of empathy!

• irondork
    irondork

LongHairGal: The elders do not have the authority to investigate and prosecute a crime.

THEY ARE NOT WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE!

• ninja_matty69
    ninja_matty69

3rdgen "Ninja, How many years have you been a JW? Your experience is limited."

30 years +

My dad served as an elder for a long time. Many years ago he handled a claim from somebody re child abuse. Following the guidelines he immediatly informed the police. Perhaps in some cases this has not been done. I once made a police inquiry re a peadophile. The policeman told me very little and did not take the complaint seriously. Later a friend made an inquiry about the same man and a seperate police officer gave her more information and the protection agency got involved and handled the situation themselves. It seems to me it depends who is dealing with a particular case as to the outcome. This is true in every organisation secular/goverment/relgious

• jemba
    jemba

Thats funny Ninja, I dont remember the 'guidelines' being 'inform police', I do remember 'call legal'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit