by UnDisfellowshipped 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
  • ugg
    ugg

beyond awful...

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Webster's Dictionary Definition of RAPE:

A: sexual intercourse with a woman by a man without her consent and chiefly by force or deception compare STATUTORY RAPE

B: unlawful sexual intercourse by force or threat other than by a man with a woman

The Watchtower bastards (sorry for the language but it applies) needs to read their Dictionaries.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I agree, this article is a piece of crap, and this whole idea of somehow pinning guilt on women is pure nonsense.

mean who in the hell do they think they are to make determination of innocence of a victim, by if they scream or have witnesses....It's ridiculous. How dare they. Rape is rape whether you scream or not......My love to all who have suffered at their insensitivity and brashness.
    Any sister disfellowshipped for having been raped should dragged their ignorant, malicious asses through court for defamation of character and mental abuse of the victims after such a heinous crime has been commited. WT consistantly fails to see what their role is in the lives of the R&F. It is not to beat them down when what they need is true compassion,support and christ-like love...something that WT knows nothing about!!!!
    Excellent points made by meb and rocky220, and excellent points made on page 1 of this thread as well.
  • Scully
    Scully

I hope these WT quotes are proof beyond all reasonable doubt of how the WTS absolutely, completely and perpetually hates women.

Love, Scully

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Good point Scully.

Let's see...

The Watchtower forbids women from being:

Ministerial Servants
    Elders
    Circuit Overseers
    District Overseers
    Any Authority in the JW Organization (except for the rare case, such as Barbara Anderson, and then it is kept secret from the average JW's)

If JW women are going to do anything "that a man is supposed to do" they have to put something on their heads.

JW women are required to scream and/or fight off a rapist, but yet, they must remember to treat him with respect because he is a fellow human! But, if the woman doesn't fight to the death against the rapist she will be interrogated by the Elders and then Disfellowshipped and Shunned by all JW family and friends for committing FORNICATION or ADULTERY!

But then, if the rapist was a JW, he would get off scott free because there were not TWO WITNESSES!

I'm surprised the Watchtower doesn't make JW women walk 10 steps behind their husbands.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 25 December 2002 5:45:14

• gumby
    gumby

UD,

The Watchtower forbids women from being:......

No...not the Watchtower......the bible does.

In all the refrences of appointments in the bible:eg, Elders deacons, etc it's always men. God always chose men to be the leaders in the bible too:eg, Moses Joshua, noah, abraham, and on and on.

Why blame the WT or any other church when the bible is what influenced their beliefs on this? I know.....women had importance too in the bible......but NOT like men did.

Do I agree with the bible on the matter? No.......and very little of anything else in that book.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi Gumby,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I would like to provide some information that shows that the New Testament DOES NOT forbid women from having authority in the Christian Congregation, first I will imbed a Web Page, and then I will post some Scriptures:

Galatians 3:26: For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.
    Galatians 3:27: For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    Galatians 3:28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Galatians 3:29: If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to promise.

Revelation 1:6: and He [Jesus Christ] made us [All Christians -- Male and Female] to be kings and priests to His God and Father; to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Also, who was it that Jesus first revealed that He was the Messiah (Christ)?

John 4:5: So He [Jesus] came to a city of Samaria, called Sychar, near the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son, Joseph.
    John 4:6: Jacob's Well was there. Jesus therefore, being tired from His journey, sat down by the Well. It was about the sixth hour.
    John 4:7: A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink."
    John 4:8: For His Disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.
    John 4:9: The Samaritan woman therefore said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)
    John 4:10: Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
    John 4:11: The woman said to him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the Well is deep. From where then have You that living water?
    John 4:12: Are You greater than our father, Jacob, who gave us the Well, and drank of it himself, as did his children, and his cattle?"
    John 4:13: Jesus answered her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again,
    John 4:14: but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never thirst again; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
    John 4:15: The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, so that I don't get thirsty, neither come all the way here to draw."
    John 4:16: Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here."
    John 4:17: The woman answered, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You said well, 'I have no husband,'
    John 4:18: for you have had five husbands; and he whom you now have is not your husband. This you have said truly."
    John 4:19: The woman said to him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a Prophet.
    John 4:20: Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship."
    John 4:21: Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father.
    John 4:22: You worship that which you don't know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.
    John 4:23: But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be His worshippers.
    John 4:24: God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    John 4:25: The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah comes," (He who is called Christ). "When He has come, He will declare to us all things."
    John 4:26: Jesus said to her, "I am He, the One who speaks to you."
    John 4:27: At this, His Disciples came. They marveled that He was speaking with a woman; yet no one said, "What are you looking for?" or, "Why do you speak with her?"

The reason the Disciples marveled, was because the Pharisees taught that it was wrong to speak to women in public, and that it was wrong to even walk next to a women, even your own wife!

Also, who did Jesus appear to first when He was raised up from the dead?

John 20:14: When she [Mary Magdalene] had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, and didn't know that it was Jesus.
    John 20:15: Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?" She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
    John 20:16: Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to Him, "Rhabbouni!" which is to say, "Teacher!"

Here is a list of some of the women who had the gift of Prophecy:

Miriam (Exodus 15:20), Deborah (Judges 4:4-5), Huldah (2nd Kings 22:14), Noadiah (Nehemiah 6:14), Anna (Luke 2:36-37), Isaiah's Wife, and the daughters of Philip the evangelist (Acts 21:8-9).

No one is supposed to "lord it over" any other Christian (male or female):

Matthew 20:25: But Jesus summoned them, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.
    Matthew 20:26: It shall not be so among you, but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.
    Matthew 20:27: Whoever desires to be first among you shall be your bondservant,
    Matthew 20:28: even as the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His Life as a Ransom for many."

• Veronipony
    Veronipony

<P>Wonder why they didn't come up with the idea that the woman might scream</P>
    <P>AND ;like it, even better,, that she might scream ;BECAUSE she likes it. Maybe the</P>
    <P>next point of light will be: shut up but hate every second of it. </P>
    <P> ;</P>
    <P>Veroniponi</P>

• Veronipony
    Veronipony

Darn it, that looked good!

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit