Disfellowshipped for Being Raped!

by UnDisfellowshipped 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shera
    shera

I was forced to have sex with a non-JW(at the time) and I was asked if I screamed enough and fought hard enough.I guess I didn't because "I" was told to repent. I did say "NO"..plenty of times.

• Balaamsass
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Wow! I forgot how rabid the WBT$ is to blame the woman or in many cases, the CHILD for rape.

• clarity
    clarity

Wow ... so disgusting!

If threatened with a knife or gun ...Wt said ... well wouldn't it be better to scream out

& be murdered because you wouldn't keep quiet, .. than not scream and live??

Assho$es ... they need to be put into this scenario ...they'd be screaming alright!!

>

This point made by *undisfellowshipped is a keeper ----->

"Notice, the Scripture says that if a woman was out in the field and was raped, and there was NO ONE ELSE AROUND, that the man was to be put to death at the word of ONE WITNESS -- THE VICTIM"

>

(where are the 2 witnesses here!)

Hate this organization!!!!!!!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Diane Wilson's book is a good read for those interested in how WT dogma has adversely affected women over the past decades, especially prior to the 90's.

http://www.dianewilson.net/awakening_of_a_jehovah_s_witness____escape_from_the_watchtower_society_3490.htm

• earthfire
    earthfire

There was a sister in our hall when I was a kid that had been raped and became pregnant. She was disfellowshipped. It was horrible. She came to the hall a few times after but people were so mean. Just when someone really needs help and a shoulder to cry on is when they take it all away.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

marked

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

A brother who was engaged to be married came to my daughter's door because he needed someone to confide in...he was having second thoughts about marrying his fiancee when in fact he said he had feelings for my daughter. It ended up that he foreced himself on her and when my daughter went to the elders they didn't believe her because the brother denied it all. He said that she made up the story to cause a break up with his fiancee so she could have him. My daughter wanted to confront him in front of the elders, but because he was from another congregation that didn't happen. Several friends of the couple called my daughter to threaten her and insulte her...but the mother of the bride who also called said the she believed her. In the end my daughter disassociated herself after she found out the brother still got married at the KHall. A year later the truth came out and the couple divorced. There was no apology from the elders who treated the affair...In the end she would have been disfellowhipped anyways because she didn't scream rape!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nothing forgives the horrible attides and shameful disfellowshippings of the past. Of course I am not involved with elders now, but it seems that things are a little more understanding :

* yp1 chap. 32 pp. 231-234 How Can I Protect Myself From Sexual Predators? ***

If your feelings are similar to those of Annette or Natalie, how can you cope with guilt? First, try to keep foremost in mind that if you were raped, you were not a willing participant. Some people trivialize the issue, using the excuse that “boys will be boys” and that victims of rape were asking for it. But no one deserves to be raped. If you were the victim of such a heinous act, you are not to blame!.............................

In fact, if you are a Christian, it is important that you speak to a congregation elder about what happened. The comforting words of a loving shepherd can assure you that as a victim of rape, you have not been defiled by someone else’s sin. That’s what Annette found. She says: “I talked to a close friend, and she urged me to speak with a couple of Christian elders in my congregation. I’m glad I did. They sat down with me on several occasions and told me exactly what I needed to hear—that what happened was not my fault. None of it was my fault.”

Of course that depends on your good old local elders being up to date on this matter, they might well still think the worst of you.......

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Clarity said:

"Notice, the Scripture says that if a woman was out in the field and was raped, and there was NO ONE ELSE AROUND, that the man was to be put to death at the word of ONE WITNESS -- THE VICTIM"

>

(where are the 2 witnesses here!)

Hate this organization!!!!!!!!!

Of course, THAT is a wildly impractical rule, maybe even moreso back in a time before forensic tests of DNA analysis, etc. The obvious problem is some male could be wrongly accused by a woman, and be put to death based solely on the "victim's" testimony. Obviously that's not to happen, esp in a misogynistic culture/organization.

BTW, the fact these archaic hyper-literal interpretations hurt so many people, but existed while Ray Franz was on the GB, explains why I'm not quite ready to nominate the guy for Sainthood. However you cut it, he WAS part of the problem (and doing the right thing eventually doesn't absolve him of the prior sins committed by the entire GB).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit