The Elders are coming over

by Princess 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

Dammit Al, I have a hundred things to do before we go to Hawaii and now I have to go to the KH with a Christmas tree.

I have three that I decorate and put on a shelf in my kitchen. I can donate one. Would tomorrow be a good day?

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Steve and Rachel,

Hope this little visit is something that adds to the resolution of your relationship with the WBTS Publishing Corp...anyhow.....have a great holiday season with your family. Still thinking of the great get-to-together you had for us "undesirables" back in August. It will go down as a very special happening.

SloBoy

• onacruse
    onacruse
    Their aim is to make you feel like crap in your own home.

Yep.

When they came over to my (ex)-house to let me know their decision to df me, one of the elders asked if (wife) was home, and started to walk up the driveway. I said "No, she's not...why?" He said "I just wanted to tell her not to talk about this to anyone until it's announced."

It was MY house, it was MY home, she was MY wife...who the hell did he think he was to take it upon himself to walk right in like it was all HIS????

When they came over to my apartment to encourage me to come back, they asked "And so how are your folks doing?" What's up with THAT? They both have known my folks for decades, so why ask ME?

Thoughtless intimidation and shameless sleuthing.

Craig

• Princess
    Princess

Sloboy, Happy Holidays to you too. I hope you are willing to make the trip again next summer. We'd love to see you again. Next time I'm going to figure out how to spend more time socializing and less time working!

Their aim is to make you feel like crap in your own home.

Good luck with that. They don't know us as well as they think.

We don't care if they DF us. We just want to be at the KH while they make the announcement.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Princess- I think they took fingerprints off of that strategically placed pumpkin and are simply afraid of seeing a decorated Christmas tree on the KH steps soon

Good luck! I'm glad you and Steve are in a good place about it all. And no- don't waste any of the good stuff on them!!!

XW

• Mulan
    Mulan

Okay, your Dad and Joy and I are making popcorn and sitting back to watch the show!!! (I know Joy and Jst2 will get in on this one)

Can't wait to hear the details of this one. Can I come over and video from the backyard??? At least use a tape recorder?

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Rachel. I was wondering why after all these years you even agree to meet with them? (Not to mention why they even want to bother with you guys) The elders have tried calling us and stopped by, and sometimes we've been home, and other times we haven't. But when we are home, I just don't answer the door. I've just reasoned that they are just salesmen trying to get me to buy their product and I don't want to talk to them, so I ignore 'em. I'll be anxious to hear how the little shepherding visit goes. Make sure them come in the evening so they can see your house all lit up!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol @ Mulan,

how did you know I was watching this thread!!

I think Princess has guts to go to the KH when its announced. I won't set foot in a KH again, except for the relative funeral dicourse!

<popping lots of popcorn, this will be a good show to watch>

Hugs Princess and her prince and the little tikes that will be running all around, I hope.

j2bf

• Mulan
    Mulan

I hope the kids come in and talk about Santa Claus. They may even ask if he brought them a Christmas present.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    This particular elder is a woman hater so I will make sure to speak up and be involved.

Even more of a reason, to give him a wedgy, are really hard wedgy, the kind, where the back of his underwear, ends up over his head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit