The Elders are coming over

by Princess 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

After seven years we finally got a call from an elder this morning. He wants to come over and talk to Steve (he wouldn't talk to me or give me any message). This particular elder was from Steve's old congregation in Austin, Texas. He moved here to the Seattle area a few years back and is now an elder in our old hall. He told me he was "an old friend of Steve's from Texas". Hmmm, I wonder why he shunned us at my grandfather's memorial last year. Old friend indeed. Anyway, Steve told him he is welcome to come over anytime.

Do you think he'll notice the floor to ceiling Christmas tree?

I'll keep you posted.

Rachel

• Mum
    Mum

Are you going to serve eggnog and Christmas cookies?

Hope you have a little fun with him

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Can I come over and give him a wedgy?

• Mary
    Mary

Oh geeze, I WONDER what they want!!! Probably just to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year........LOL!

If he starts getting nosy, maybe just say casually "hey, hows the pedophile problem going?!"

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It would be funny if you just brushed off comments about the tree like it was just a part of the decor. He probably will think he is at the wrong house from the christmas lights outside and will be stunned at how far u have "fallen".

He probably will stay only 5 minutes and make an excuse to leave since it will be painfully obvious you are beyond "help"

Path

• Princess
    Princess

Christmas is EVERYWHERE in our house. Should be pretty interesting. Steve and I joked about serving some cookies with a "special ingredient" but why waste it on them?

I like your idea Mary, might bring that up if things get ugly. I think it will stay pretty calm though. This particular elder is a woman hater so I will make sure to speak up and be involved.

Charlie, I think you'd scare them. You giving him a wedgie makes for an interesting picture. I'll pass that one on to Steve!

• Princess
    Princess

Path, everyone in the hall knows we have Christmas lights and a tree. My friend's mom heard about it and she lives over an hour away from here. She heard about it from my aunt who lives about an hour and a half in the other direction.

That is why we are letting them come over. We know they know, and want to know why it took them seven years to even call. Why now? We don't pretend to be witnesses. I won't let him off easy. It is one of the first questions I plan to ask, followed by "Why did you and all the other elders shun us at my grandfather's memorial...old Texas friend?".

• Scully
    Scully

Sounds like another set up. I bet he'll show up with another elder... you know.... the old "two eyewitness" thing.

It would be funny to invite them in, and have a tape recorder and video camera set up somewhere so you can get pics of them having a good time near your Christmas tree... blackmail them with the pics later.

If they ask either you or Steve "Do you still consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" Don't give them an answer. Make them work for it.

I think if it was me with the opportunity to answer that question, I'd put a question to them in return. Such as: "Why on earth should I want to be?? In the past seven years, what have you or any other JW done for us that would make us WANT to come back, or even have our name and good reputation associated with such an unkind and unloving organization??"

Their aim is to make you feel like crap in your own home. Turn the fan on and let their crap fly right back in their faces....

Love, Scully

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Do you think he'll notice the floor to ceiling Christmas tree?

You should be ok, if the elder shows up with a guide dog and a white cane.

• LB
    LB

Well isn't this interesting. Seven years before you get a visit. Nothing better for them to do at this time of year other than to clean up the congregation, that you don't even attend.

So will you distribute some tiny little christmas trees to your old hall this week? If so we'll need photos.

Oh and you know I'm going to double dog dare ya Princess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit