'cause Elders are coming to call

Ven

• Mary
    Mary

ROFLMFAO at Venice!!!!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Princess,

Even if it is high noon in the blazing mid-day sun..................turn on all your ornamental lights!

If he/they can get up enough gumption to even approach the door, you will be in control. They will not even have to ask any of thier stupid "are you" questions........they may not even bother to knock.

Danny

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Speaking of putting a Christmas tree at the KH, - how about someone dressing up as good ole' Santa, entering the KH just in time for the last song, and passing out Candy Canes. All the while doing the "ho, ho, ho," Santa act?

I would just love to see them call the cops!

NewLight2

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Y'know what Rachel, looking back it beats me why we allow the "elders" the due consideration you and Steve are giving.

No kidding. Elders are bullies and their only purpose is to intimidate and browbeat. I don't know how these guys can look themselves in the mirror. What it must be like to get your jollies by intimidation and fear tactics.

Good luck Princess!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I wouldn't let them past my mudroom when they came to call after I sent in my DA letter. That's where their dirt belonged.

But, be aware that they will continue to try to manipulate you by calling on your family members after they "take care" of you. My mother and son have received more visits from them than they ever did in all the years we attended. My woman-hating elder (does every congregation have one of those?) seems to enjoy making a show out of shunning me, while attempting to get my son and mother to study. My son has had enough of it. He asked that my husband, as head of the household, tell them that he doesn't want to study.

• Princess
    Princess

Thanks for all the advice and replies.

Ozzie, I know where you are coming from here. The reason we are allowing it is because they never bothered before. We basically walked out of the hall after attending there for 27 years (me) and approx 8 years (Steve) and they NEVER even asked where we went. Now after six years (sorry I was counting a zero year earlier) they want to call. I really want to know why. Steve and I talked about it last night and I told him what I want to ask and we are pretty clear about it. Steve won't be anything but honest with them. He feels he has lived honestly with God and himself and won't skirt around anything because he is damn proud of what he has done. If they want to be sneaky with their questions then they will hear what they want to hear. They will do what they want to do regardless of what they hear. They can do a drive by and DF us if they so choose. The evidence is glaringly bright. (We leave our tree on all day).

Ven, loved your song. I might have Christmas carols on softly. Yep, it's his dad. Brad is probably going to be feeling quite smug. We always have the last laugh though, and he always finds out about it. This won't be any different.

• Princess
    Princess

Read the exciting follow up to "The elders are coming over".

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=42954&site=3

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

AHHHHI knew it!!!! that whole family is just a bunch of trouble!!!!

Ven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit