Gasoline Price in your area

by JH 54 Replies latest jw friends

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

$1.46 for regular and $1.57 for premium watered down Arco gas here in beautiful Newport Beach, CA

• ballistic
    ballistic

I had to re-read most of this thread when I realised you Americans were talking in gallons and not litres. Yes it does look very expensive here, but you have to bear in mind that: we put less fuel in the cars because we have smaller, more efficient engines. We drive less as a nation (km per person per year) and also if we crash or get run down, all the care is completely free (paid for from the huge taxes) kinda makes sense in a weird kind of way.

The politics of all this is obviously a lot more complicated and not everyone is happy about our fuel prices, but I do like to look at the bigger picture and that also includes the environment.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Here in Japan.......

On avereage, 90 yen per liter. That is equivalent to about US$0.75 per liter or US$2.85 per gallon.

I sure miss those low gas prices when I was living in the USA. But I do agree with Ballistic, the cars we drive in Japan/Europe are very fuel efficient. My car travels 15 kilometers for every liter of gasoline. That is equivalent to about 35 miles per gallon. And that's city stop and go driving!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT Exerting Vigorously")

• Scully
    Scully

Well, JH, as a follow-up to my post from this morning, I noticed this evening as I was going back to the hospital for my CPR recertification class (dang it, I am going to be travelling back and forth to work five times this week!) that the price of gas had dropped from this morning, now at 71.3 cents/litre (Canadian).

I might just keep an eye on the price a little more closely this week, for the sake of this thread...

Love, Scully

Addendum: At 1:30pm EST, the price had dropped yet again to 70.4 cents/litre (Canadian)... at the same gas station...

(Edited this post because I've reached my posting limit.................)

Edited by - Scully on 19 December 2002 16:22:14

• JH
    JH

I took a ride to Montreal today, and I saw the gas at 77.4 a liter. Thats quite alot. It's up and down. I guess if the US attacks Iraq, then it will go up to 80+.

Thanks Scully for your observation

JH

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I just filled up at the self-serve this afternoon and payed $1.54 for medium grade.That was in beautiful Cape Cod,Massachusetts.

• JH
    JH

My brother lives in Halifax, and he says gas is more expensive than here in Ontario.

• shera
    shera

Hey JH,I live in Halifax/Dartmouth.Was your brother a JW and can you say which KH he attened?Just curious...

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Here in San Diego its about 1.65 for Regular and 1.85 for premium.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Here in Orlando it is very comparable to San Diego.

At the BP at the end of the block, it is $1.65 for regular and $1.85 for premium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit