Gasoline Price in your area

by JH 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

We must remember that a canadian gallon is slightly bigger than an american gallon.

A canadian gallon is 4.55 liters while an american gallon is 4 liters, I think.

Also the canadian dollar is worth about 65 cents American. All that has to be considered

All in all, gas is much cheaper un the US. Why?? I don't know. Maybe Focus can explain that to us in detail

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

The main reason gasoline is so low in U.S. is simple capitalism. Demand and supply - Raise the price too much and your (Oil Cartel) sales plummet. Raise it slowly and vary according to demand. Then you can continue to make a healthy profit to support your decadent and oppulent life-style. Carrying a "big stick" probably also has something to do with it.

By the way, in Nebraska, USA, the price has gone up from $1:29 to $1:46 over the last three days. Must be travel time again. Off to the pumps to fill up before another 3 cents is added.

• JH
    JH

What you say is true, but why is it that in France with a population of 60 million that gas is 2 times more expensive than in canada with 30 million population? It's not just demand and supply.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Yesterday, I paid $1.419 here in New Jersey. That's about 25-30 cents cheaper than in neighboring New York or Connecticut.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

JH,

Since 90 percent of Canadians live within 500 ft of the U.S. border (OK, maybe not that close), they can and do come across the border empty and go back full. And, since the tax revenue is lost to the Imperialist Warmongers to the South, the price is kept low, just like their big brother's...

So, maybe we should look at wholsale price of gasoline before taxes and markup. That may cast a whole different light on this thread - will look into that over lunch. Boss wants some legal stuff out!

• Princess
    Princess

In the Pacific Northwest gas is around $1.18 I think. I haven't had to fill up since early last week. I fill up at Costco where it is quite a bit cheaper than the regular stations.

• Realist
    Realist

gas prices in Europe:

GB: 1.2$/liter = 4.6$/gallon

NL: 1.2 = 4.6

Den: 1.1 = 4.2

Fin: 1.1= 4.2

Italy: 1.1 = 4.2

Ger: 1.1 = 4.2

France: 1.0 = 3.8

Swe: 1.0 = 3.8

Bel: 1.0 = 3.8

Por: 0.9 =3.4

Austria: 0.9 =3.4

Spain: 0.8 =3.0

Lux: 0.8 =3.0

Greece: 0.8 =3.0

• Realist
    Realist

badjerry,

gas is so expansive in europe because of taxes! 65% of the price is taxes!!!

Edited by - realist on 18 December 2002 10:51:8

• caligirl
    caligirl

Regular Unleaded is 1.59. premium is around $1.91/gal. I always find it interesting that the price can vary so widely in different areas of the country. All depends on the perceived income level of the area I guess - charge whatever you think people are willing to pay!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Well, the price of regular is an average of $1.39 a gallon. Can't believe you are paying nearly $4.00!!

Unbelievable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit