Gasoline Price in your area

by JH 54 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Yesterday alone the price of gasoline went up 9 cents a liter here in Eastern Canada passing from 68 to 77 cents a liter. A one day jump of 9 cents a liter is equal to about 40 cents a gallon. So now we pay 77 cents a liter or 3.50$ a canadian gallon. What's the price of gas in your area. I might just be cheaper for me to go fill up in Saudi Arabia !

http://www.garnetknight.com/gas/pricelist.php?location=23

Edited by - jh on 18 December 2002 16:2:41

• searcher
    searcher

Here in England Gasoline is 0.80 per Litre (ave price in midlands). Todays exchange 1.00 = $1.65 American. I will let you do the math.

searcher.

Edited cos I'm an idiot and cant get the 'Pound' sign to post

Edited by - searcher on 18 December 2002 7:32:48

Edited by - searcher on 18 December 2002 12:58:25

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

$1.33/gallon, regular grade, self-serve in the S.E. Massachusetts area.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Cripes, Searcher!!!

Here in England Gasoline is 1.80 per Litre (ave price in midlands)

It would be cheaper digging for oil yourself! Are you sure that "1." should be before the"80"?

Down here in the South West of England, petrol is approx. 75p a litre, or 3.40 a gallon.

Spanner

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

That's about $5.60, by the way

• Scully
    Scully

Hi JH

I checked my local Petro-Canada on the way home from work this morning - the price was 72.8 cents/litre in Ottawa. I noticed almost 2 years ago that the gas stations seem to work on a weekly cycle, and I started keeping track of the prices and the patterns. For example the price is usually lowest on a Monday at mid-morning, and then the price goes up around 3pm by about 9 or 9.5 cents/litre. The price drops slowly over the next few days, and then stays at a moderate level over the weekend. I fill up when the price is lower and rarely buy gas (except for a $5 emergency) when the price is higher. With a price difference of 9 cents/litre, I save about $4 on a fill up. That doesn't seem like a lot, but over the course of a year, it amounts to $250 - $300 in my pocket instead of the gas company's. It's worth it to keep track.

Love, Scully

• Undecided
    Undecided

The government gets most of the money for your gas for taxes. More than the middle east!

Ken P.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Atlanta has the least expensive price on gas in the country.

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

We pay 1.20 ( at times less ) a gallon here on base.

Off base its about 1.39 a gallon.

How in the world can you people afford to drive in the UK and Canada? Sorry prices are so high for you there.

Edited by - maximumflash on 18 December 2002 9:1:19

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

In s.w. Oklahoma,$1.23 a gallon now...We've been at $1.17 for quite awhile,with a couple of temporary jumps to the $1.23 - $1.26 range.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit