Geoffrey Jackson - Royal Commission Live Hearing Now!

by LostinJapan 190 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    So what is the worse thing that can happen to Jackson? Is this the same as a SCOTUS ruling?
  • Listener
    Listener
    Bb sounds like new light.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I notice Jacko has his own "thing" (adams family) to turn his pages and get his water!!!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Did you notice Jackson looking at his watch, thinking how long will this sh--t last.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    BBonds: anyone have a time stamp on when Jackson said JW's don't spank?

Start watching about 50 minutes in - Justice McClelland starts questioning Jackson on the role of the father in disipline.

• Thursday
    Thursday

With the scripture they use about the woman being raped and she is not sinning if she screams, Deut 22:23-24 I believe, I remember growing up being told that that scripture meant that if (and it was implied that it was very likely as all non-JW men were good-for-nothing evil rapists) I did not scream, whether or not it was because I was physically incapable due to fear was not the issue, but that if I did not scream it was not rape, it was consensual and I would be brought in front of a judicial committee for sinning.

My sister was raped in her late teens, date rape from what I was told, and my parents took that to mean that as she was on a consensual date with a worldly man when it happened that she consented to potentially having sex, and she put herself willingly in that situation, therefore it was not rape, and she was not allowed to move back home as she was unclean. They even went as far as to say that she would transmit disease to the family.

Oh the memories. If someone is still forward our accounts to Angus, I'd appreciate that being sent.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The whole scream rape is such a crock of shit.

It is quite normal for someone in shock to freeze and be unable to scream.

• Stirred
    Stirred
    Send your points to the commission before the get back. 10 minutes and counting...
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    anyone have a time stamp on when Jackson said JW's don't spank?

about 47 minutes in

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Thursday: My sister was raped in her late teens, date rape from what I was told,...

My sister was raped, too, by a wordly man - who happened to be buddies with the police in our small town. My mom called the cops right away.They were awful and blamed my sister and wouldn't press charges. They protected their drinking buddy.

So my sister went to the elders. They put her on probation for a year. For being in a place that allowed the rape to happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit