So, what's your I.Q?

by nakedmvistar 95 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

161? Ya right. Proove it. Not to sound rude, but I find your claim of having an IQ of 161 hard to swallow.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

My IQ result seems to vary, according to how the "test" is constructed. The "official" IQ of my

Grey Matter is a quotient of 161. However, it does still not fascilitate the ability to play a

keyboard like Farkel!

Spanner

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

I originally took the test in college...they were offering fifty dollars and a certificate to anyone with final I.Q of 128 or above. I wasn't aware that they changed the requirements. From what I hear now, any score of 1400 and above on your SAT score will get you in. Also, I never went to any of their meetings....Heck, I didn't know they even had them!! Again, I'm sure the scores mean nothing in the long run but it does measure some useful analytical and spatial abilties.

• shera
    shera

hmmmm,should I say mine,people will think I'm a liar as well.I had many tests when I was a child and I always scored above average.When I was in school ,I failed at times.,I was bored and I always felt like I was going to sleep.The teachers couldn't figure out why I wasn't on top.On a test I scored 160..... but I had problems in school.... that confuses me as well.Well really I don't care if anyone believes me .I don't like to tell too many people...they are like..yeh right .YOU can't be THAT smart.

I't doesn't mean a whole lot ither..I'm working in a grocery store with a grade 12 education....it sure got me somewhere.

Edited by - shera on 13 December 2002 20:47:1

Edited by - shera on 13 December 2002 20:50:3

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I took several different IQ tests in college each administered by a different person. The test scores varied from 128 to 151.

And I can't spell.

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Is this you shera:

Right Brain Thinking
    Right Brain thinkers have a natural ability to multi-task, and are often found doing half a dozen things at the same time. These people think and work very quickly, however, they can be easily distracted and may have a tendency to cut corners.
    They are frequently highly creative and artistic, excelling in job roles which include an element of design or where they can give their imagination a free rein. They sometimes dislike rules and boundaries feeling that this limits their creativity. They do not function well in environments they perceive as 'over-controlling', in which case they cease to function.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
    A.A. Milne
    Time management is not easy for a Right Brain thinkers and they prefer to be given deadlines. Even then they have a tendency to leave everything until the last minute and stay up late or get up early in order to finish on time. They are invariably late as they will try to fit too many things into too short a timeframe. To be on time they have to over-compensate and so will arrive actually arrive early.
    "I've been on a calendar, but never on time"
    Marilyn Monroe
    You may have noticed for yourself that "creative thinkers think backwards". By this I mean that if you ask them a question, they will very quickly "go to the end" and know the answer. If you ask them to explain how they worked that answer out, they will have to "think backwards" to the starting point of their thinking and then run their calculation more logically forwards. This more logical "left brained" approach of "thinking forwards from beginning to end" takes them much longer to do, in contrast with their natural right brain thinking which is very quick indeed.
    Creative thinkers are not great list people, preferring to carry information around in their heads rather than write it down. This is a mistake as their brain cannot distinguish between what they have done (and can mentally tick off) and what they have only thought about doing. Consequently they often forget tasks and may need to be reminded by colleagues

• shera
    shera

Yes,most of it sounds like me.

They do not function well in environments they perceive as 'over-controlling', in which case they cease to function.

That is me 100 % ( I must say i'm never late tho.I'm always ontime)

When I was a JW,that is what happened to me,it was like blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeru2 is the only one who has the concept of IQ tests correct...

Remembering that IQ only speaks to potential and not usage

IQ tests were designed and implemented to test younger children and was meant to measure potential for success in school. These people who use IQ to distinguish themeselves as special or superior are laughable. IQ tests are totally misused today and the variety of tests out there makes it nearly impossible to say for sure what anyone's IQ is, (I am speaking here to the hundreds of online IQ tests) especially when self administered. And again, they really don't mean anything considering all of you are no out of school...

And Right Brain/Left Brain psychology has pretty much been tossed out the window as well. There is no such thing studies are finding more and more people use both sides of their brain, to compartmentalize like that is silly and outdated. Don't they talk about this in MENSA? They do in my 300 level psychology class at a low budget state college...hmm...

Edited by - joannadandy on 13 December 2002 21:25:10

• shera
    shera

I hope noneone thinks, I feel, I am better than anyone...because my I.Q is above average.I never thought like that and never will.

These people who use IQ to distinguish themeselves as special or superior are laughable
    Just in case anyone thinks that of me...nope I don't,thats one reason why I usally never say a thing.
  • joannadandy
    joannadandy

Shera, I was talking about MENSA people. Not you in particular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit