So, what's your I.Q?

by nakedmvistar 95 Replies latest jw friends

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I just took a test (for the first time) Mine is 120.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    What's your I.Q? Be honest if you know it. And yes, we are all aware of how insignificant this number can ultimately be. But i'm still curious so please share. i'll start. I've been a MENSA member since 91' with an I.Q of 142.

You are a member of MENSA? Congrats.

I have never been properly tested but on one self-test. My IQ was 99. My ex took the same test when she was very sleepy and could hardly keep her eyes open. It said her IQ was 110 or 120 (cant remember which). I wonder what her IQ would be when she was well rested and alert.

My son's IQ is 154. His shrink was very impressed and said something about him being in the 99.9 percentile range. If 142 gets you into Mensa, no wonder the shrink was impressed. And it is obvious that the geniuses in the family don't get their smarts from me.

Lee's IQ was 161. It is no wonder I could not keep up with her mind.

Yes, IQ tests are flawed. Every type of test is. Pay an expert enough money and you can prove any test is bogus. If we poo-pooed every test, drunk driving charges would not exist. If you get nailed on a drunk driving charge, pay an expert $3000-$5000 and you are guaranteed to get off.

And yes, a high IQ does not mean a person can function well in life. Often it means they will be too bored to succeed at anything. Or turn to crime for the mental stimulation they need. Or be socially inept because few can understand how they think. Or, as one genius told me, he is always thinking of physics (he was working on his PhD) and is not aware of what is happening right around him.

On the other hand, when a genius channels their ability, they do very well. Bill Gates is one example.

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 13 December 2002 12:55:28

• Realist
    Realist

nakedmvistar,

maybe you can post a couple of the IQ test questions that got you into the MENSA club!

• Mulan
    Mulan

When I was 15, it was 123.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Mine is the square root of 5887.46 times pi, but all its really made me is a smart A$$....

• MrMoe
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My last test, a couple of decades ago, came out to 140. Mensa doesn't interest me, though, even if I could get in. I've heard too many negative things about the attitudes of the members.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sirona,

: LOL! I lasted a whole TWO meetings.

That's EXACTLY the same number of meetings I lasted. I decided to give them a second chance after I met so many jerks at the first meeting. There were a lot of different people at the second meeting, but just as many jerks.

The first question most asked me "so, what's your IQ?" Talk about a qualifying question! It's no different that a typical Yuppie asking you these qualifying questions at a social gathering:

"What do you do for a living" (So I can figure out how much or little you make.)

"Where do you live?" (So I can figure out how much or little you make.)

"What kind of a car do you drive?" (So I can figure out how much or little you make.)

I got wise to them and started giving these answers with a deadly serious face:

"I'm unemployed, since I just got out of incarceration."

"I live in a halfway house for paroled drug addicts and violent offenders."

"I'm not allowed to drive."

They didn't know whether to laugh or take me seriously, and never asked those types of questions again!

Farkel

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Farkel, I KNEW your IQ was not 92! Smartass...

Richard

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

My IQ is (officially) 161.

But, as it has been said on another thread on this Forum, there are different kinds of intelligence!

And it is true! Demonstrated by the posters on JWD!

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit