Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Oubliette, I wish you wouldn't belittle my point with a picture, the school is an exceptional school that archives much higher than average national results.

So, that school specialized in inquiry based learning. Asking questions, examining and evaluating evidence and using critical thinking are part of the curriculum.

What does that have to do with a faux debate or your son's school?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

brand new, Oubliette, prologos,truth seeker, Lisa Rose, thanks for your comments today, it's been a blast, if you will forgive the pun. Look forward to continuing the debate tomorrow.

p.s in the spirit of fair play Oubliette, I think you should post the photos in my second link of the children debating " Did the moon landings happen?" rather than the links you posted from the art class.

The Rebel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TR: in the spirit of fair play Oubliette, I think you should post the photos in my second link

Post them yourself. You are incredibly lazy and whiny.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oubliette, You mentioned quite forcefully that you thought the moon landing was a stupid subject for children to discuss. Now you have had the opportunity to read " Liza Rose" insightful comments, and the evidence I have presented, showing that " The moon landing"is taught in schools to teach children to evaluate, ask questions and use critical thinking skills do you still hold that opinion?

A Survey Conducted by E & T.

A survey conducted for E& T magazine published by the institution of Engineering and Technology found 1 in 4 don't believe the moon landing happened, and 44% considered the missions to be a waste of money. Editor in Chief Dikon Ross said " The Apollo Landing is man kinds most outstanding engineering event, so it's deeply worrying that such a large number of people think the FIRST moon walk never happened"

And maybe this is down to lack of science education. My guess is if you ask 100,000 people if they are dead 3% will say "Yes". None the less if the moon landing did happen I am sure we all agree, it's a shame that so many people do no believe the stars and flag stripe is up there?

The Rebel.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Are you kids still talking about this

I know its partly my fault but can you all go out and have some fun or get laid and stop researching moon facts, just say it happened and move on. Its distracting from the real issue... aliens!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TR: You mentioned quite forcefully that you thought the moon landing was a stupid subject for children to discuss.

It's clear that it is impossible to have a rational conversation with you.

I never said anything of the kind. I indicated that I think it's a stupid subject to debate, referring to whether or not it actually happened.

As a science teacher, I do think it's a great subject to discuss, as your quote from E & T makes clear: "The Apollo Landing is man kinds [sic] most outstanding engineering event, so it's deeply worrying that such a large number of people think the FIRST moon walk never happened."

• sir82
    sir82

Still on this?

Good gravy, talk about flogging a dead horse. We're now flogging the petrified remains of an eohippus.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Oubliette, You clearly did say it was a stupid subject to debate. On page 42 of 10 you wrote:-

" It had nothing to do with their age. It is because IT IS A STUPID SUBJECT TO DEBATE! Do you get it now! ( I highlighted it made it BOLD, CAPITALISED AND IN RED)

So you did say, and as I wrote "quite forcefully" that it was a stupid subject to debate.I mention the above,because you bought up rational conversation, which I think brings an interesting concluding thought relevant to this debate:

" MOON LANDING" DABATE AFTERTHOUGHTS?

IT WAS MY OBSERVATION! that this thread stirred more passion from our American posters, and it was they who seemed most offended and challenged by the question of the moon landing having happened. Perhaps that is understandable?

I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY AFTERTHOUGHTS?

OR SHALL WE CLOSE THIS DEBATE?

THE REBEL.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

AFTERTHOUGHTS!

" Don't get fooled again moon Landing"

This post is my observation,

This thread has stirred more passion from our American posters, and it is they who seem most offended and challenged by the question " IF" the moon landing happened. Perhaps that is understandable, because of the speech given by " J.F Kennedy" shortly before his assassination:-

" Man will go to the moon, .........we ( Americans) choose to go to the moon......we choose to go to the MOON IN THIS DECADE"

And Of course that was a great speech, and it may be true " One great step for mankind" but as an individual " counting my steps" or for a poor person in Niger, the money In my opinion whether man went to the moon or not, could have been better spent on mankinds suffering.

But now let me read Nietzshe, " He who has the power has the right". And I believe if that statement is true, all that is human is lost. And yes I am still skeptical man landed on the moon.Not based on science, ( I am no scientist) but based on " He who has the Power has the right to re- write history. (Sitting Bull and Red White and Blue. )

Anyway an astronaut should cross the airspace as if it were his own mind in search of self, and that makes all of us here astronaughts, even if from a practical and scientific vIew like many real " astronaughts" they (we) crashed and (die) died seeking.

The Rebel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TR: You clearly did say it was a stupid subject to debate.

Good, you finally get it. What took you so long? Seriously!

Although I still have this suspicion that you missed the significance of the distinction between the words "discuss" and "debate." But whatever.

You seem to neither remember nor understand the meaning of your own words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit