To the US Military

by freedom96 71 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Realist, please read history. Hitler did not take control of Germany through a coup. He was intitially voted into office by a very low voter turn out. From there, he seized control of Germany. But, it was voter apathy that got his foot in door.

While extremist Muslims may not have initially tried to physically occupy this country, their acts have definitely interrupted and changed many things here. Ideally, no one should have to live in fear, but that isn't possible as long as others wish to over power and push their views on others. Democracy, on the other hand, is not about forcing others into what we believe, but allowing the people the freedom to select their form of government, not a few powerful dictators decideing what will be. No, it isn't a perfect form of government, but it's sheer make up allows for it to be self correcting. A dictatorship allows only one mans view.

My main regret in this current war on terrorism is that it wasn't started some 30 years ago when it started becoming very active worldwide.

Lew W

• Realist
    Realist

hello dakota,

what exactly is the point of hitler statement? by the way...i think he had 30% of the votes or something like that...and used the burning of the parliament to seize control....after that there was another election where ne nazis miracously got 95% or so.

of course democracy is the best way of rulership...but in the US you have in reality only 2 parties...and the politics of these two parties is very similar and mainly controled by industrial lobbies. Nader has no chnace because of the structure of the US 'democracy'.

do you think the US is targeted by arab extrimists because of its foreign politics or because the US is a free country?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

Nader has no chance becuase nobody likes him.

As an ex-semi-veteran (I say this as I was active duty only 6 months and then in the reserves for a year) I would like to thank those that A: Are in the Military and B: Those that support them.

"...you know why? Becuase we got the bomb. 2 words for ya, Nuclear *Fbomb* weapons"

-Dennis Leary

For all the people that like to bitch about our country, I suggest you go to Tiennamin square and protest.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Realist, the Hitler comment was in response to yours about voting and was not intended to be a flame towards you, just a comment. When I was in Germany, I got very few to discuss Hitler with me, but of those that did, all echoed that Hitler was voted in by one third of the voters, but that something like only 20% turned out. That is what I mean by voter apathy. It is just an illustration of what can happen when we depend on others to vote in our leaders and we ourselves become apathetic towards selecting leaders. Once in power and by pitting one group against another and the deep depression Germany was in, Hitler garnered even more votes.

For your comments on the two political parties, I have to agree. Personally, I don't care much for it being basically a two party system. I would even go so far as to call for the disbandment of political parties and start seeking national interest over party interest. With the constant changing of which party is in control, we are basically on a roller coaster ride with government. And, we, the members of middle class America are stuck between two controlling interest groups, the wealthy and the lower class. We end up footing the bill for both of them.

As to why we are targeted, it is all of western culture being targeted, of which we are the largest and wealthiest, so the juiciest target. Many of our freedoms, especially towards women, go against the radical teachings of the terrorist groups who wish to once again be a world power. Along with that, we also have the radical christians who would also destroy them and any who disagree with them. The only difference so far is that they haven't organized well enough to attack mainstream America, in my opinion.

But, we also have a very effective military that would be used to quell an armed insurrection by these radical christian groups too. Radical Islam does not seem to have that force to face in their own countries, so it falls on the free west to free the world of these radical groups. We have been apathetic too long and allowed these groups to get a very deep and effective foothold, so it will be a very long and protracted fight to root them out and destroy them. My prayer is that they also go after the other terrorists groups before they rise up against us too. By that, I mean the Klan and White Supremacists and other radical right groups here in the US. I would hate to see them wait until they have grown as well organized as radical Islam is today.

Lew W

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

yes i know ...nobody like poor old nader :-) ...although he has some good ideas.

dakota,

honestly i think the devout arabs are nuts....but the reason why they hate the US so much is not the way woman live in the US or the freedom people enjoy...it is because of the US involvement in the middle east and especially the alliance with israel.

and yes i agree..radical christians are no better than radical muslims...they are all braindead nutcases.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

If Nader would hook up with some supermodel im sure he would get some more votes. However, his anti-business views sure make a lot of enemies.

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

yes unfortunately! :-)

i am not behind all his ecological ideas etc. but he is a good man.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

"of course democracy is the best way of rulership...but in the US you have in reality only 2 parties...and the politics of these two parties is very similar and mainly controled by industrial lobbies. Nader has no chnace because of the structure of the US 'democracy'.

do you think the US is targeted by arab extrimists because of its foreign politics or because the US is a free country?"

Realist,

The 2 parties...I agree, kind of a sheep mentality. There are other parties out there like the libertarian party they have many good ideas that might take to the moderate republicans. We will see in time. Republican or Democrat? (Dime a dozen IMO.)

The extreamists do what they do because they see power that they want. They want to be a government of their own where their way is the way. If they kill the infedels along the way that is a plus. IMO it is not so much me or american gluttony, it is their own desire for power. And, yes what I refer to as freedom they refer to as an abomination against God. They see the worst of our culture and project that as the way that everyone lives. If so then my monogamy with my wife...I must be missing out...Oh well, at least I am happy. Even in the 3rd world most people live better today than kings and queens 1000 years ago. But these guys have to evolve beyond the concepts of ruling dyanasties and tyrants. We can come in by force and they will quit fighting long enough to fight us so that they can get back to fighting each other. (And the band plays on.)

Remember the food drop that killed the family in Afganistan. Only America could be guilty of that.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

I find it quite telling that not a single one of you who have participated in this thread have showed the fortitude of being willing to address what I said early on, as quoted below:

Yeru and DakotaRed (one a vet, the other an active soldier) ... I wouldn't give a dime for their understanding of the Scriptures.

If either person truly understood the Scriptures, they wouldn't align themselves with ANY nation at all. It's not without reason that the "dragon" of Revelation 12 has a diadem also on its 10-horned 7th head, the parallel to which is the 7th head of the wild beast in the 13th chapter (such head being presently in power). In other words, the dragon's diadem shows that Satan exercises authority over the now-reigning 7th "king" that the 7th head represents. Obviously, none of the symbolic "ten horns" (picturing all governments of today) that are perched atop that 7th head would ever imagine that they are under the influence of the dragon/Satan.

What? No spines? Looks that way!

Friday

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Friday,

We don't address it because it's quite nonsensical, just as you are. It's not a matter of spine, it's just a waste of time. You're caught up in your fantasy world where you think someday You'll be the majority opinion in the society oh "non-meeting attending one" For some reason you think YOUR interpretation of prophecy is the correct one. Well, it wasn't correct when the Society said Jesus had come back in the late 1700, nor in 1874, nor in 1914, nor 1918, nor 1925 nor the 1940's nor 1975. You're also as incorrect as they are. IN my other thread "On War" I respeonded to your nonsense in an appropriate manner. Go read the bible for a while or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit