To the US Military

by freedom96 71 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

There have been many postings regarding the possible war with Iraq. There are many strong apposing views, as to be expected.

I personally am going to thank all those who are in the military; my hat is off to you, and I respect what you do, and I am very thankful. You are the ones that must go out there and defend our freedoms.

I don't think most people desire war, but sometimes there seems to be little choice. For those who are apposed to this military action, we may never know if you were right or wrong, whether Saddam was such a threat. But, if the past is a look into the future, there will be millions of lives saved by him not being in power. That is just counting the actual citizens of Iraq.

Again, all those who have served, or will, thank you.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Freedom, it has been often said that no one hates war more than those of us who have to fight them. But, as you indicated, freedom comes at a high cost.

As a veteran, I say thank you for your words of kindness and support. To many who have served, your words mean a lot to us.

I also add my thanks to all who are currently serving or will be in the future. My sincerest prayer is that it can be avoided, but given the history of Sadam and his quest for power, I feel that unlikely. So, I pray for all of you who may be sent off to return safely and soon.

Lew W

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

As an active duty soldier I thank you both. I can say from my experience and perspective, no one desires war LESS than the soldier does, this is where we lose our friends; our friends are the reason we fight. It's not God, or Country, or Mom and Dad, or apple pie that makes soldiers fight, we fight for our buddy next to us.

Having said we don't like war, I think we understand better than civilians that sometimes war is necessary. We understand violence and those like Saddam that use it. His type understand only SUPERIOR force.

• TR
    TR
    I personally am going to thank all those who are in the military; my hat is off to you, and I respect what you do, and I am very thankful. You are the ones that must go out there and defend our freedoms.

That goes for me, too.

Yeru, Dakota, and people like you make it possible for the greatest living conditions and opportunities on earth.

TR

• animal
    animal

From another vet, but not a war vet, I also agree wholeheartedly.

Animal

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    We understand violence and those like Saddam that use it. His type understand only SUPERIOR force.

Very well said Yeru. I only wish more people could grasp that concept. No amount of diplomacy is ever going to change anything in the Middle East. They fear one thing, the brute force of the U.S. Military. After 8 years of Clinton, likely none of them expected the response to 9/11. They were expecting a brief show of force that would placate the American people and then everything would quietly go back to normal. What they got was a president who would not "let it go", a president who will not stop at just launching a few Tomahawks and bombing a couple of aspirin factories in the middle of nowhere. Everyone over there knows that hell is about to be unleashed and that it's all their own fault.

Mike.

• riz
    riz

i want to thank you, too (((((((((((((Our 'Boys' and 'Girls')))))))))))))))

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Not a vet myself. But I do wish to thank all the people in the military. The young and not so young.

Thanks to those who were in the military and now safely home and no longer in.

We owe you big time.

Outoftheorg

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

I suppose I have a certain kind of respect for persons such as, for example, Yeru and DakotaRed (one a vet, the other an active soldier), such respect based primarily on the fact that they obviously really believe in their concept of matters. However, I wouldn't give a dime for their understanding of the Scriptures.

If either person truly understood the Scriptures, they wouldn't align themselves with ANY nation at all. It's not without reason that the "dragon" of Revelation 12 has a diadem also on its 10-horned 7th head, the parallel to which is the 7th head of the wild beast in the 13th chapter (such head being presently in power). In other words, the dragon's diadem shows that Satan exercises authority over the now-reigning 7th "king" that the 7th head represents. Obviously, none of the symbolic "ten horns" (picturing all governments of today) that are perched atop that 7th head would ever imagine that they are under the influence of the dragon/Satan.

I think I do know one other thing for sure, that if there is a war with Iraq it won't be one that will be identifiable with the one that Jesus foretold in Matthew 24:7. Before Jesus' prophecy undergoes fulfillment there has to be the refinement spoken about in Daniel 11:35 that takes place among God's people.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yadrif, if you were really a Witness you wouldn't be here talking to admitted apostates. So pull the rafter out of your eye before you go criticizing folks who want to salute those brave soldiers fighting on our behalf.

I tried to enlist, but my disability prevents me. I talked to the recruiter and everything, but its impossible.

So all of those who walk the desert sand and frozen tundras, from here to Tripoli, I salute you. Go with God.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit