Just Get on With Life!

by onacruse 41 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

I don't start many threads, but in the last few days several things have happened with me that just COMPEL me. Please don't take this list as anything other than IMHO thoughts:

1) I was a baptized JW for 38 years (I'm now 50)---So what? Get over it, and move on;

2) I was married 2x before---so what? So what? Get over it, and move on;

3) All my blood family are active JWs---So what? Get over it, and move on;

4) I don't believe in the Bible the same way I formerly did. So what? Get over it, and move on;

5) I don't believe in God the same way I formerly did. So what? Get over it, and move on;

6) I was at Bethel, and experienced things that blew my socks off. So what? Get over it, and move on;

7) I've been disfellowshipped twice. So what? Get over it, and move on;

[stops at 7, a "perfect" number LOL]

Call it stupidity, or a genetic predisposition for self-flagellation, or maybe just an indefatigable desire for life...but I just can't get past the conclusion that

LIFE IS FOR LIVING!!

Craig

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I think I can safely say every one here is "getting over it". But part of the process of being able to let it go, is talking about it. I personally usually write all the bad things down, to make them go away. It works for me, I write it down, in the process of writing, I organize my thoughts, and I am able to better view the events that have happened. I use you people shamelessly to hear about all my misery and get some feedback. It is part of my process of being able to let it go, and move on. I think the same goes for a lot of people. Kisses.

• Mackin
    Mackin

Onacruse,

If only it were that easy.

Mackin.

• Brummie
    Brummie

so what are you trying to say?

:)

Hopefully everyone is getting there, it takes time and healing.

Brummie

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I agree with you ona you have to live your life to the fullest everyday and not dwell on the negativity.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Vivamus: Exactly! Same for me, and why I made this list...it is therapeutic perhaps more for myself than for others;

Brummie: Indeed it does take time and healing. And as I/we individually reach a point where we can say "getting over it, and moving on," I'm think it's worth sharing that breakthrough;

Mackin: Oh good lord yes indeed, if only it was that easy. None of these issues were, or are, easy for me to deal with. In one way or another, I think about all seven of them almost every week, sometimes every day.

Scarlet: That "negativity" is so hard to identify! Part of what I'm trying to say here---see it for what it is, and just FORCE FORCE FORCE your way past the barrier.

Craig

• Mystla
    Mystla

get over it, yes...but learn from it if at all possible. I was raised a JW, 28 when I got out.... get over it, absolutly!! but I hope I will never be so gullible again!

and this is just IMHO

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Onacruse. Just a thought!

John Lennon once sang ...........................

....."Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.".....

~ I personally have found this expression to be quite profound and use it as my daily reminder ~

By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts! Good day to you!!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT Exerting Vigorously")

Edited by - alligator wisdom on 7 December 2002 2:57:59

• happy man
    happy man

And what was so terribel at behtel?

I see a lot who say that, perhaps we also have a lot who say the opposite, i myself never think i will make it , i think it is to much hard dicipline fore mee.

But some peopel like this way of life, not you if I understand your wright.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    i myself never think i will make it

Eh? Bit puzzled now... you want to go to Bethel but think you can't make it?

*puzzled*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit