Just Get on With Life!

by onacruse 41 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Mystla: Welcome to the board! It was a painful lesson on the price of gullibility when I decided to get reinstated some 20 years ago. I let myself think that it would all get better, but deep down I knew I was just sticking my head in the sand. "Fool me once," this time I'm out for good.

Alligator Wisdom: Howdy back at ya, mate So right, and that is a big part of why I feel so much better...stop and smell the roses without the guilt and distraction of busy-busy-always-need-to-be-busy-ness.

happy man: I think that a language barrier may be the problem here?

hippikon: Unless I'm mistaken, isn't Bart supposed to be mooning? A good part of getting on with life, eh? Show them your back side and never look back!

Robyn: Another indefatigable spirit! (Sorry, but how often do I get a chance to use a 6 syllable word? )

Guest 77: As long as we are on one of those roads, any one, then yes. It's so easy though, when we think we're just going to take a short break, to sit on that roadside bench, and sit on it, and sit on it.

((ugg)): You are a prime example of what I'm talking about! You just keep on choogling, gal. You are an inspiration!

Cheryl: Katie? Katie who? LOL Yeah, see you tonight at Meetup. Bringing a camera too, so wear your meeting clothes!

Craig

• animal
    animal

I have been given grief here by some because of my attitude on life and the past. My ways are too "caustic", they say. Oh well, it works for me.

To focus on the past while holding back from growth to the future is not only counter productive, but possibly dangerous. The pent up stress does effect your health.

Animal

• ugg
    ugg

animal is my brother,,,,and i am proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• larc
    larc

Animal, I have had similier reactions. On one thread, 10 nutty beliefs, my comments were well received. On another, Self Esteem, I stated the same ideas, but in a more direct fashion. I was castigaged for it, by the very same people who had participated in the earlier thread. I do believe that some people get used to wallowing in their misery, and they get a perverse satisfaction. Why? Because they get a lot of attention from their continual complaining. Now, if you go to a therapist, they may be very kindly and supportive, but their basic goal is just what is stated here, and that is to get over it, and move on with life.

• onacruse
    onacruse

"Complain about the present and blame it on the past,

I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass"

Yeppers!

larc: The reconnecting with other people is indeed such a big part of it! Or should I say, the connecting for the first time with other people? When I first started posting here (I think it was my very first post), you came back to me right away, and I remember the surprise I felt, like "Wow, here's this guy who's posted thousands of times here, and he noticed little old me?" Now, why would I think that way unless I had never really developed a feeling of connectedness with people?

animal: One person's "caustic" is another person's cure, eh? " It is quite true what Philosophy says: that Life must be understood backwards. But that makes one forget the other saying: that it must be lived-forwards. The more one ponders this, the more it comes to mean that life in the temporal existence never becomes quite intelligible, precisely because at no moment can I find complete quiet to take the backward-looking position."
    Sren Kierkegaard

• larc
    larc

Onacruse, I am glad I was there for you. Since I am retired, I do have time to visit here a lot. I try to welcome new folks when I get the chance. Now, there are so many posters, that it seems that new ones always get a warm welcome from lots of us. That is a good thing.

• JH
    JH

Yes, like you say

Life is for living

But why do Witnesses stay in the org? It's no surprise to us that they are there for the eternal life that they expect. They are also there for living. So the only difference is that they are not living life to the fullest now, but expect to do that later and forever. They might be deceived if they wait forever and it never happens.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I wish it is that easy. I really want to move on and live a new life since I just got married to a wonderful man. I've been so happy. But time to time I have to deal with my mom who is an active jw. I love my mom so much, and I know that she loves me, too. The pressure that I'm getting drives me crazy. It's like my mom is a hostage. Sometimes I wish we, my husband and I, could move far away, and start a new life. But our careers are here in Bay Area. Even if we move, I don't think I can ignore my mom for good.

Yes, I want to move on.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Listen to the song, I'm moving On,,,,,,,,,,,, by Rascal Flats, Country artist...... very good self accepting , getting out of the borg, ready to live again song.

I told someone in chat how getting out of the borg will make them so much happier, and they replied,,,,,,,,,, "if only it was that easy". I had to tell them by no means did I mean that you can just decide one day to stop the JW and have no sorrow and grief for that choice. It takes time, patience, tears, self doubt, anger, lots of emotions to go on. It took me a year just to stop feeling absolute fear and get over the real nightmares. I have cried buckets of tears, had panic attacks from sobbing so hard, prayed to God on my knees , begging for answers. I have thought about life and if I am right on leaving until I have bruised my brain.

So in no way,,,,,,,, absolutly no way did I mean that just up and leaving the JW would ever be easy. It was the most painful thing , losing my religion, and my hope. When my mom died, I hurt so bad. But I had the resurrection hope I believed 100 % so I made it thru that. But losing my religion took a part of my soul away , and I am not sure if I will ever find it , well at least not like I once thought I had. So as most of us can attest,,,,,,,, this is a damn hard road.

But it is a journey, on forward steps, maybe a few backward from time to time. But we learn that , that is ok,,,,, as long as we pick ourselves up off the ground and get back on track. Thank God we have each other to help up us when we think we can't possibly go on.

Since I don't know the future anymore , I can only hope and I do, I try to live day to day, and be happy. The traumatic details of my life ,I choose to let them rest at times, because I can heal myself if I dwell on it too much. Sometimes I do or something reminds me of it and I have to start all over , but I guess that is just part of recovery.

Here's to hope , to one day at a time, and to life...........................love you all,,,,,,,,,, dede

• Brummie
    Brummie

Robdar & RandomT

Cute eh? Joy2bfree thought it was a cervix....bwahahahahahahahaha

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit