Just Get on With Life!

by onacruse 41 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Animal,

I agree, we all must take charge of our life if we are going to change it. That is the biggest part of it. Not blaming others for what we do is also a big part of dealing with it and I know I have done that a lot in my life. Blaming others and dealing with hardwired programed issues that are in our heads are not exactly the same. I'm glad you found a way to deal with yours.

Dave

• onacruse
    onacruse

animal, I just LOVE the simplicity of your resolve. That's part of what I was trying to say here---it doesn't have to be complicated, and we get in our own way a lot of times. Occam's razor.

Dave: I didn't take anything you said as a diminishment of my happiness. I am the ONLY one that can diminish (or increase) my happiness. Sure, I now have immensely greater opportunity to experience happy things because Katie is now in my life, but my contentment comes from within, not without. As does hers. That we can share it together is wonderful, but we would have it separately none the less. And if our experience brings hope to others (as we sincerely wish it does), then all the better.

Some might consider us lucky, but "What we call luck is the inner man externalized. We make things happen to us." (Robertson Davies)

Craig <----keeping on the lookout for Dave's lobotomy knife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit