The Australian Royal Commission will NOT do a damn thing to the WT!

by Calebs Airplane 55 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well it's not like the Royal Commission can bring down the Watchtower even if they wanted to, but I think they may be able to force them to do things differently, at least in Australia.

And it does shine a light on the religion, something that is not good for them, as they have operated in secrecy for so long. No one thing will bring down the Watchtower, but the more negative things that are in the media the more people will question things.

As far as conspiracy theories, I think people believe them because of confirmation bias and because it makes them feel smart because they have special knowledge and because it makes the world seem simpler and more understandable, even if it's in a negative way. Unfortunately the world is not that simple, and there is no one shadow group pulling the strings, it's complex and chaotic and no one group is controlling everything and there are no simplistic answers.

Think about it, if the "Rothchilds" were controlling everything and were protecting the Watchtower, why didn't they prevent the Royal Commission from happening in the first place? It wouldn't have been that hard, no one knew anything about JWs and Child sex abuse a month ago, Now that all this is out in the open it will he much harder to prevent any negative repercussion to the WTBTS.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

The evidence produced is now available for those who want to take this to court. Documents such as those presented help the cases of many who would normally not take action. That's one good thing to come out of it. It is now 'evidence', gained in a lawful manner and held on record.

The rest is about revealing and in a way shaming organizations. There is also the idea planted into legislators minds that a fund, a compensation is the out come that should be incorporated into the law as a par for the course. The RC is not finished it is adjourned until some aspects are researched.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Watchtower can't take down those oh so public records or the uploaded videos. How can they deny the typed and public transcripts. This, as far as I am concerned is excellent. For so long the society has done nothing but brag with each legal win they had. I would like to see them brag with the same conviction now.

Someone here once asked if the internet could bring the WTBTS down. I think the internet can due to the huge amounts of information that travel swiftly around the world.

• just fine
    just fine

Even if nothing else comes of it, the public record and public exposure of their actions is invaluable. The fact that they were caught in so many of their lies will lay the groundwork for future cases.

Things like this tend to take some time to play out. While we might not see the immediate results we all hope for, I don't believe this exercise was futile.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I agree just fine, this was not futile. This is marathon not a sprint.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Enron was taken down.

Capone was taken down.

The Hare Krishnas were taken down.

x

The WTS is not all-powerful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit