The Australian Royal Commission will NOT do a damn thing to the WT!

by Calebs Airplane 55 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DJS
    DJS

Illuminated,

Of course not everyone in the outside world agrees with me; that's kinda sorta the point. I'm an empiricist, and I will believe when the real evidence is provided about any topic, even god herself. Here's the problem: even when real evidence is provided the theorists WON"T change their minds. I will.

The only reason we are having this discussion is that the world wide web has provided a forum where uneducated and unknowledgeable people can have the same access to forum. These people are not simply benign; they can be dangerous.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The Internet probably does more than word of mouth to wake up sleepers. In private they may begin to explore their religion secretly. The ARC is exposing a lot of unpleasant details. Just remember, its putting more facts onto the internet that can jolt people in private willing to searc
  • DJS
    DJS

And puh-effing-lease. Let's be honest with the group conspiracy theorists. When you say "Rothschild" what you actually mean is what Rush and the other Far Right nut jobs tell you, which is the Jews control the money supply. And the media.

Trying to sanitize it by saying "Rothschild" is lame.

• millie210
    millie210
    DesirousOfChangean hour agoWhere is Kenya on the map anyway?
    It's a small town in a Southeastern State.
    Doc

OMG I almost fell off my chair and dropped my coffee laughing.

Thanks for that Doc!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

It's not over. The streamlined part is, but the RC itself now goes from state to state. I know this for a literal fact. Don't get the impression for one minute that this is it.

I assure you that was just the public part of the Commission.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

What does that poster mean about the Roths child or other?

There is no underbelly type of operation here, no undercover, overtly hidden agenda. That is not the sort of thinking here. I don't know what that poster is getting at.

• username
    username
    OK OK everyone. I think we all should know that we all have our own views on things. Why suppress ones view because yours might not line up with theirs? We are not governed by watchtower oneness anymore are we...Something that we are all forgetting, we were ALL in one big conspiracy and we all believed it so before one starts to rebuff remember where we ALL came from!
  • DJS
    DJS

No one is suppressing anyone's views, user,

Definitive statements devoid of actual facts or evidence should be called out for exactly what they are. We are doing no one any favors by placating stupidity - not the posters, the members, the lurkers and least of all the conspiracy theorists.

Not everyone telling you sweet things is your friend, user, and not everyone telling you truthful things that sting a bit is your enemy.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

DJS, I get your perspective as well, however playing the devils advocate here, the government is capable of playing "theocratic warfare" as well!

And if there are JW lurkers here, no, this doesn't apply to your cult being "God's chosen" and the outside world all being evil. The evidence presented in the Australian Royal Commission for instance, is being questioned based on your own cult's written documents.

And yes, username, I fully agree.

• done4good
    done4good

No one is suppressing anyone's views, user,

Definitive statements devoid of actual facts or evidence should be called out for exactly what they are. We are doing no one any favors by placating stupidity - not the posters, the members, the lurkers and least of all the conspiracy theorists.

Not everyone telling you sweet things is your friend, user, and not everyone telling you truthful things that sting a bit is your enemy.

Excellent points, DJS.

Not everything is a matter of opinion. False and potentially dangerous information should be systematically deconstructed for what it is. Any time spent performing some open-minded research would prove any of these theories wrong in a very short time.

Almost all conspiracy theories have three things in common, so look for them:

1. Consider limited evidence, and only evidence that can support the theory, (confirmation bias). Additional evidence can usually very easily be presented that would debunk the theory.

2. Those who believe those theories will never accept evidence to the contrary when it is shown to them.

3. The theories are usually the product of fear of a specific group or groups.

Does this not sound WT-esque now?

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit