Donkey's never-ending atheism thread

by donkey 189 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hey Zach,

Just when do we get the spirit part of our body? Is it when the sperm hits the egg, when the baby breathes or after the mind developes? Why do some people have a mean spirit and others a good spirit? Does the body control the spirit or the spirit the body? Does the spirit part of man have the mind or is it the brain that does the thinking? When you get bonked on the head and are in a comma, does the spirit just have to lay there too? When someone takes drugs, does it affect the spirit too?

Does a demon get into the spirit or body of man? Does the spirit need a resurrection to live again?

When you make love to your wife does the spirit get a climax too?

Just a few questions.

I don't dismiss God, but I sure wonder where he's been all these years. I do look out into the sky and give thanks sometimes for a beautiful day to whatever was responsible for life here. If he has something more for me after death I will surely not refuse it.

Ken P.

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

SS,

I understand the point you are trying to make.

You have alluded though to the main thing we have to understand about life.

Albert Einsteins theory of relativity said it all. It pointed to the fact Einstein had to be conscious of and a believer in life after death to have formulated what he did. I was very proud after becoming a believer in our spirit nature to fully grasp the awesome significance of the theory of relativity.

What mind boggling conclusions can be drawn if we accept on faith Einsteins formulation. E = MC2. Mass is really energy in another form. Energy is spirit. Spirit is infinite and everlasting. Immortal if you will. Nothing in the universe ever really dies but in a physical sense which I no you are trying to emphasize.

All that is the essense of and that animates life (thoughts, feelings, memories, etc.) live on. That is why spiritual death can only mean living in communion with God or seperated from him which is hell. No energy ever leaves the universe. Faith is a necessary requirement to fully comprehend the nature of our earthly existence. This life is not all there is. We do not live this life alone. Our passed loved ones are still interested in our lives and wish to assist us in ways that are possible for them.

I am pleased to understand from psychics like Sylvia Brown and John Edwards that life on the other side is not devoid of our earthly loves and passions. Our unattachment to the flesh at that time makes it possible for us to overcome all the trials of the earthly experience plus have the prospect to act as spiritual guides and mentors for those who will in the future pass through the earthly experience.

Thanks for providing me the opportunity to outline my newfound beliefs and understandings. I am sure when I die I will enjoy doing the things I did while on earth in a manner it was never possible for me with earthly limitations.

I will play pro quality basketball with amazing physical attributes against my passed loved ones also similarly equipped.

I am sure that though there will be no physical requirement to eat I will do so for pleasure with there being unlimited abundance and no calories. I will be able to manifest myself to my loved ones on earth in dreams in any way I wish them to remember me.

I am not sure about the masturbation thing but you can bet I will have the greatest orgasms. I will sing with the expertise and voice of Luther Van Dross or Nat King Cole.

I have no fear or apprehensions about dying. I am looking forward to it with excitement when the time comes. I have been inspired with the understanding that my unique mission in life has yet to be fulfilled and believe I will be kept physically alive long enough to fulfill it. From your responses I don't feel my ramblings would disinterest you. I enjoyed sharing my thoughts on this subject.

Zechariah

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Can god have power without the threat of punishment? - Donkey 2002

Are you asking about control?

If you are a subscriber of the nelism clan or the order of the atheists then are you your own god? If so then rule responsibly. And, don't blame anyone/everyone else when you screw up. (like Adam did.)

• donkey
    donkey

Zechariah,

You choose to believe that you are some distant cousin of an ape rather than you are a uniquely created son of God with a divine nature in his image. No wonder you get depressed. You need to find yourself by finding God. To see God you must only open your spiritual eyes (faith). Stop being blind. There is none so blind as he that will not see. Stop being a Donkey :).

If I am a son of God then I hope I am soon to be an orphan from such a pathetic father.

You also refer to Sylvia Brown as having credibility. You cannot be serious!! (ps - I do send the royalties for this saying to Johnnie Mac). James Randi has shown repeatedly that not only is Sylvia Brown a fake but she is also a coward. Need proof or will you believe me in all faith?

• donkey
    donkey
    Clairvoyant, n. A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron -- namely, that he is a blockhead. -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
  • DannyBear
    DannyBear

Donkey,

***Can god have power without the threat of punishment? - Donkey 2002***

Can an athiest believe there is NO God, without the concept or belief IN God?=DannyBear 2002 11/12ths

Danny

• donkey
    donkey

Danny,

Can an athiest believe there is NO God, without the concept or belief IN God

IN, OF, ABOUT....all the same - it proves nothing

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.
    -- Frank Zappa

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Donkey,

I wasn't trying to prove anything. Both question's yours and mine can be discected to pieces.

Your's with simple comparison's to human parents, and thier influence or power over thier children. etc etc.

There does remain the question of 'chicken before the egg'.......as regards belief or non belief in God.

That was my only point.

Danny

• donkey
    donkey
    A theologian is like a blind person in a dark room searching for a black cat which isn't there -- and finding it!
    -- unknown
  • Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I've seen that thread before!

"Can God have power without the threat of punishment".

And the same thoughts on Sylvia Brown!

On another board..but it wasn't by "Donkey 2002"...That's not an original!

I believe someone called "Kenpodragon or Atlantisdragon "posted it quite a while back....

Snoozy...............

Hey I heard Farkel and Donkey are "friends"...Is that true?..You two know each other? Talk on the phone and or E Mail each other?..Friends are nice!

Do you have family Donkey?.......

Edited by - Golden Girl on 1 December 2002 1:19:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit